Close

Engineer

Exclamation Platform Failure?

Just got home from work and had this message on my screen, "Platform Failure! Temperature reads are failing. Check wiring." Now I get a NA and no heating on the bed when starting a print on the temp screen under bed. Any tip's or advice if you have had this happen before before I go tearing it apart?

any news on this? I'm now experiencing the same problem

Engineer
    Well I did e-mail them, and they just asked for my serial number on my printer. But all I had to do was turn the printer off and on, wiggle the wires on the bed plate and it was working again. So I never did e-mail them back about it.....I've had it happen about 3 times, but each time just doing that fixed it. Hope it works for you

yup, just checked the wires on the MB, gave them a wiggle and tightened them down. Works fine.

Thanks for posting!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by blairmi2 View Post
    yup, just checked the wires on the MB, gave them a wiggle and tightened them down. Works fine.

Thanks for posting!
    Ahh! My platform is no longer heating up as of last night. Just noticed this morning right before work but I did not have time to mess with it. No error message this time. Just looks like it is pre-heating but it never heats up. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Ahh! My platform is no longer heating up as of last night. Just noticed this morning right before work but I did not have time to mess with it. No error message this time. Just looks like it is pre-heating but it never heats up. Any thoughts?
    Fortunately I haven't run into this problem. Maybe try isolating it to the HBP or the wires themselves. Unlikely to be the MB.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well as I'm currently using mine to heat up an ipad - supposedly to soften tghe glue so i can get the bloody screen off.
    I hope mine doesn't break :-)

And for the record heating up the screen just makes the glue stickier - but I feel I'm torturing the ipad, so I keep doing it :-)

If anyone ever asks you if you can replace a screen on an ipad 4 - SAY NO !! and run the other way.
    I didn't. :-(