Close

My first printout, with some layering problems

Hi, I uploaded this bust which I have printed out in the Flashforge Dreamer. The resolution in Flashprint was set to standard so the detail around the shoulder was more or loess what I expected. However, the head has the deep channel lines around the model which isn't something I can fix with sanding. Does this look like an error, something I may be doing wrong? Thanks for any feedback.

Lloyd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nope that's definitely not right.

Can you use other slicers with the dreamer ?

I'd try the same model with makerware desktop or cura or whatever alternative slicer you can use.
    Given that the base of the bust looks fine - I'd have to say it's a slicer issue rather than hardware.

Or could be a fault in the model itself. Where'd you get the stl file from ?

The model is mine, sculpted in mudbox. The original looks ok, I used flashprint to set it up, and as far as I know that does the slicing automatically. Although Im not too familiar with the slicing process itself, or the best way to do that. I also have mesh mixer, which I am planning to use for editing my models.

The original file looks ok in flashprint and meshmixer. So I guess I have to adjust those settings when I set it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for you reply btw. If there is any suggestion you can give me for the best slice settings in meshmixer or flashprint that would be appreciated.