Close

Add CBPrints on Thingiverse

Configuring Slic3r and Arduino.

Hey guys,

I built a Prusa I3 from FolgerTech and I believe they might have a pre built configuration.h file along with the other necessary files.

How do I go about using these pre determined config files with Arduino? I'm having trouble finding instructions online, or the ones I find are for different repraps.

Thanks,
    CB

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Are you trying to prepare a Marlin firmware build? If so, the Configuring and Compilation section of the Marlin page on the reprap wiki is a good place to start for info on going about it. See http://reprap.org/wiki/Marlin

Configuration of the slic3r slicer would be a separate issue.

EDIT: Ah, I must have misunderstood the question since I'd already pointed you to the wiki in an earlier thread.
    Last edited by printbus; 08-09-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Add CBPrints on Thingiverse
    Yeah, on the wiki page I can follow expect for the stepper motor parts, I've tried researching about the topic and just cant seem to find the right info.

My question was that the Folger-Tech Prusa I3 2020 has an actual fiel to download that consists of the configuration.h and such files.

My question was how to actually utilize these these files, or how do I enable them in arduino and install that firmware onto my board on the printer?

Thanks,
    CB

Student
    If you just look on the Folger Tech site at the description of the printer you bought, you will find a link further down the page that takes you to all of the information you need including assembly instructions, the Arduino files, the Marlin files and the set up instructions. It's all there. It tells you step by step how to install all the software and firmware.

For the assembly part, there are a few mistakes in the wiring. To get the X axis to home properly, these changes need to be made to the manual. >>>

"Unlike all the other repraps, FT put the X homing switch on the right side, which is XMAX and not XMIN. The first thing that must be changed is to plug the X end stop into the Ramps board NEXT to the Y end stop plug and NOT skip a space. The pins to the right of the Y end stop pins is for XMAX. The one you show in your manual is for XMIN. That is at STEP 23, picture 10. “Again you are going to skip a row” is incorrect. It needs to go to the immediate right of the Y end stop plug.

Then in configuration.h in Arduino make sure that
    #define INVERT_X_DIR true is CHANGED to #define INVERT_X_DIR false
    AND
    #define X_HOME_DIR -1 is CHANGED to #define X_HOME_DIR 1

Keep the plug for the X axis servo motor wires reversed as shown in the picture. Without an explanation, many people think that you made a mistake in the picture. Make note of the fact that the orientation of the colored wires is correct.

Finally, in Repetier, tell the user to go to printer settings/printer shape and change ‘home X’ from MIN to MAX.''