Close

Replicator 2 Non-Stop Beeping

Hello all,

In a bit of a pickle and am looking for anyone who might be able to give some incite.
    All of a sudden, my Replicator 2 starts beeping a little "song" when it is powered on and will not stop. The arrow and M buttons are unresponsive.
    But the weird part is I can still send a print over. During the printing process, the beeping stops. As soon as it is done, the beeping starts back up.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks in advance!

Senior Engineer
    I suspect you have a stuck button.

That was my thought as well. I took apart the front panel and the LCD/button area. Took off the rubber arrows to see if anything looked strange. All the sensors for the buttons looked fine. I then turned on the machine without the rubber arrows and got the same result. So my next thought is something on the button board might be fried.

Technician
    Hi there
    your printer has to be serviced. Look like there is problem with electronics.
    I sow it before so I'm prety much sure you will not be able to work this out other way then with Makerbot service center.

Regards
    Roberto

My Replicator 2x just started doing the EXACT same thing. Wondering if you found a fix for the problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Did anybody figure out the solution to this? Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday!!! Grrrrrr

I tried flashing the firmware to sailfish and the beeping stops but the LCD screen becomes unresponsive.

Technician
    Hi there
    look like you have PCB failrule. I don't see any other option.
    You should take your REP to Makerbot service and they will fix that for you.

Am having that issue myself. Called up makerbot and they're sending me a new front display unit. If you stick a blank card in the SD slot it will shut up but I am having the same problem. Will try to update next week when I get the new front display.