Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

Annoying cura problem, travel and infill within perimeter

Now, I am getting annoyed.... been living with that ever I got my hand on cura and decided to ignore it. But now it just pissed me off so much.

How do I get ridd of the travel and infill (in blue and yellow colour)?I've been playing with the mesh stl; to increase the polygon and reduce them, no results. Playing with the ammount of perimeter, density, layer height, but still no change?

Slic3r requires a longer printing time and long slicing time, which obviously I won't go in detail.....

Oh great sir and glorious curious, does that thing ever happened in S3D? I am about to pull a good excuse to buy if it can solve my problem.

Link for the picture in good quality
    http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9fa...4aadmzs3zg.jpg

cura issue travel.jpg

Pss, insert pictures on this forum suck!

Engineer
    Here's the link to the files if someone can check it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ol...cular_DEMO.stl

Senior Engineer
    More info. Are you trying to just view it without showing the travel and infill on the screen or are you trying to print two shells, inner and outer?

Engineer
    Actually, I am trying to print the part but without having the print to do un-needed travel path and uneeded yellowish infill when it comes to thin wall perimeter. I'll be printing in PLA so the bond will be nice already. But those un-needed path is just a time consuming, now that we're 4 people using the same printers, I cannot have it run any longer.
    The thickness of the wall is set to be really closed to an integer units even with the curve.

Here's a picture of what I can call it perfect print. You see they dont have un-needed traveling movement nor infill, which incredibly increase your print efficiency.
    Here is a side by side comparison:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/82f...v4848eomzg.jpg

Senior Engineer
    Cant you just set infill to zero or increase wall thickness?

Engineer
    It does reduce couple of layers issue, but surprisingly, even after 0 infill, Cura generates infill material. I forced the perimeter layer to be 60 also, to force all solid to be cylindrical during print..... still did not change much.

In S3D you can set a minimum infill length, I guess to avoid vibrations when trying to print to short strings. Is there something similar in your slicer ? In your case,if you set the infill length at 10mm, you're set, no ?

Engineer
    I am still working on it, cura doesn't have minimum infill length, it does have minimum retraction distance, or minimum support.

Also I tried to tweak the nozzle to 0.48/0.51 and in consequence the equivalent of perimeter line, but no results....

Senior Engineer
    In Cura I can change my nozzle size from 0.3 to 0.5 with no discernible resulting difference in the print.

That I do not understand.

Senior Engineer
    If you mess with the Cura base files there are things commented out that give you extra options if you enable them. For example a double outer skin option where the surface uses half the layer height of the infill. You can see the tick box just under the red bit.

Last edited by Mjolinor; 08-25-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast