Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I printed some HDglass last night. Really, really nice to print with. Very precise at 0.16 layer height, awesome stick at 50c on hair spray and absolutely no warp. Stiffer than ABS but still a bit flexible. I printed a small component case with a tab-lock lid. I could snap-on and snap- off without breaking the small tabs off. It's not water clear, but translucent. But a clear (not milky) translucent. I'm attaching another part. It's a copy of an antique light glass for a lamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    there is nothing special about it. its petg. no different than any other. the esun petg is just the same and far cheaper. all petg is very sticky. a slight amount getting stuck to the nozzle is normal but when it really builds up that is a sign of over extruding. first layers cannot be squished onto the bed as you usually would. the first layer need to go down perfectly at the same height as all the other layers. save your money and just buy esun. the stuff is super. of all the petg's i have tried theirs is about the highest quality.
    I'm not seeing any "clear" eSun petg on Amazon of in GoogleSearch. I see Natural but doesn't appear to be clear like HDGlass. HDGlass looks like a clear thread of completely clear plexiglass on a spool. It really does look like solid glass on the spool. The eSun Natural appears to be a bit translucent from the start.

I've attached a photo of HDGlass: (My photo by the way, not something I found.)
    HDGlass.jpg
    Last edited by RobH2; 08-14-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Engineer
    wont really make a difference rob. its not clear once its printed. clear or even filament that is slightly cloudy all looks the same. its a white translucent when its done. the natural esun is the only one i have not used since i still have spools of madesolid pet+ here in clear and i never really use it anyway. pet+ is crystal clear but of course still looks white when printed. has nothing to do with the filament itself. its just how the light is detracted as it passes through tons of separate threads of clear plastic. i believe what your seeing on the esun is just in the photo. when you get that it should be crystal clear. if your in doubt just email william at intservo and he will tell you how it is. i have seen prints done in it and it looks no different than my crystal clear stuff here and its just as clear as the pics you posted above.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Sounds good Jim. I'll follow up with intservo with questions.

Even though it's a bit pricy, I like the HDGlass. Sure, it refracts, but it refracts clear instead of milky. It's a subtle distinction. I saw another clear PET print today and while you could tell it started as a clear filament, the refracted material had a slight "whitish" cast to it. HDGlass really doesn't have that milkiness. It seems to be just a bit clearer. Again, subtle, but significant.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12