Close

Technician

PrintinZ Zebra Flexi Build Plate

for those that like a read heres a quick catch up http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...g-to-glass-bed

so now thats out of the way, onto what the topic states, the PRINTinZ Zebra Built Plate

i can say i was sceptical, i mean how easy did we think it would be to just put it in hit print and boom perfect printing every time, like the videos show.

well i was wrong, it is that easy, this plate is by far the single best purchase you can make, i have had 0 thats right 0 failed prints all perfectly stuck while printing, then just flex the plate and off it pops (well not always, even the video states that).

so there is a bit of setup required, a new z axis shim (1.75mm) to allow for the xtra plate height, a new corner clip system although all you actually need is clips to stop it moving about , then setting up the temps, when it says 0 heat with pla it means it.

after that just print and go.

will post pics when i have a free sec, mite even post a video or 7

Hello Ghosty. Any updates on this? I got 6 good weeks out of FF's Blue Heat Plate Print Tape but it is a bear to get off the bed when time to replace, 2 hours and a lot of muscle. With many things to print at a faster rate, I can't see doing this every couple of weeks. I'm hoping you found a clean answer in the PRINTinZ Zebra Built Plate.
    Last edited by AmyInNH; 08-16-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Technician
    sorry been alittle busy at work,

yes this plate is the best thing ever, i have been getting consistently excellent prints, no z axis wobble, no heating required with pla, i know every printer is different but for mine it really is the best option, im actualy in the process of printing something now so ill take a few pics when done..

Ghosty, I'm interested in knowing how you're holding the PRINTinZ Plate on your FlashForge. I tried using the recommended medium binder clips but they're too tall and the nozzle runs into them. Maybe a few pictures of your set up would help us newbs.

New FlashForge Creator Pro Owner - with blue print pads from FlashForge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    sorry been alittle busy at work,

yes this plate is the best thing ever, i have been getting consistently excellent prints, no z axis wobble, no heating required with pla, i know every printer is different but for mine it really is the best option, im actualy in the process of printing something now so ill take a few pics when done..

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by abesau View Post
    Ghosty, I'm interested in knowing how you're holding the PRINTinZ Plate on your FlashForge. I tried using the recommended medium binder clips but they're too tall and the nozzle runs into them. Maybe a few pictures of your set up would help us newbs.

New FlashForge Creator Pro Owner - with blue print pads from FlashForge

Thanks
    hi,

i used a combination of corner clips, then modified and made my own, as with the weight of it, all you need is stabilty in the corners. it actually stays put quite well.

im currently having issues uploading to anywhere except facebook atm. otherwise id send pics.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:715545

these are a good starting point, one thing to remember is the flexi-plate is slightly bigger than the stock plate so as these can be adjusted to allow a bigger plate, they fit and hold great

one other thing, i have completly removed the alu plate so mine site directly on the heat plate, however as you dont need heat for pla