Close

Engineer

Question about hooking up cooling fan to motherboard

I have been wanting to hook up a cooling fan for awhile, finally getting around to it. I could not find the 2 pin screw terminal block anywhere around me, so I just went ahead and ordered some online. They will arrive today so I just want to check if I will need anything else, here is pic's of what I have and the plug I have coming. I'm hoping I have no need to solder because I have none of the equipment to do it at the moment, but from the picture I believe it already had the chip that would need soldering.

fan1.jpg fan3.jpg fan2.jpg

Engineer
    Alright well, I got home last night and went ahead and took everything apart. Basically for anybody who come's across this wondering, I just cut all the zip-ties that were on the wire harness, and ran the wire all the way from the extruder assembly to the motherboard. Not really easy to get that wire in there! Then hooked the fan wires to that screw terminal block the same way I seen the other wire's hooked up, connected it to the missing fan spot. Boom, all set up. Not too hard really.