Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Add Marm on Thingiverse

HobbyKing printer

Saw somewhere, may have been a HobbyKing flyer, or the 3dPrint newsfeed, that Hobby king is selling a printer for about $180. Anybody take a bite yet?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_EU_230V.html
    Should be fine if you want a non heated bed with a small print area. Great to learn the FDM technology.

AD? bro, hope forum won't charge. Same price I prefer iBox Nano, I can take it in my backpack to show all around, girls will love it!Still I'll mark yours.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_3D_printer View Post
    AD? bro, hope forum won't charge. Same price I prefer iBox Nano, I can take it in my backpack to show all around, girls will love it!Still I'll mark yours.
    Huh?

He's trying to hijack your thread with a different printer that had nothing to do the mini Fabrikator. I have to full Fabrikator and hobby kind offers zero support. You can't even buy a replacement extruder from Hobby King.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    He's trying to hijack your thread with a different printer that had nothing to do the mini Fabrikator. I have to full Fabrikator and hobby kind offers zero support. You can't even buy a replacement extruder from Hobby King.
    But how does it run?

I think it runs fine after it's setup correctly. My biggest issue was the z steps/mm was set wrong and I had issues for a month until I figured it out. Pretty easy to work on since it's a Mega 2560, ramps 1.4 setup. The nozzle is a low profile but it's not much work to replace it with a E3D V6.

My co workers didn't believe me when I told them I can print a 1 layer wall thickness tube and it will be water tight. It didn't leak with both PLA and ABS.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    Sorry for the necro-thread, but I just experienced HobbyKings "after the sale support" and you are not kidding it's bad, I'm mean really bad. If anyone is thinking about buying the new 1.5 version beware. Mine is riddled with QA issues and you can forget about getting it fixed.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah but it's £127.
    Did you really expect it to work :-)

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah but it's £127.
    Did you really expect it to work :-)
    No doubt, but after all the good reviews I thought I would take the plunge... Lesson learned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast