Close

Question FlashForge Createro Pro - Print head

When I start a new print, the heads move to the very front left of the machine (makes a funny sound like it maxes out). How can I change it so it goes to the center of the bed??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abesau View Post
    When I start a new print, the heads move to the very front left of the machine
    This is the standard start position as it has to do a prime before starting to printing. Better that its out of the way than possibly drooling where you will print.

Quote Originally Posted by abesau View Post
    ...makes a funny sound like it maxes out...
    Can you give more information here? Describe the sound.

It's starting position, to extrude a small amount to clear the extruder, is set in your slicer. If you're using your default setup, that came with the printer, that'd be in RepG. The command would be in the gcode, and would need to be changed there before you produce an x3g. However, as Sebastian said, you don't want a big blob in the middle of your print.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    This is the standard start position as it has to do a prime before starting to printing. Better that its out of the way than possibly drooling where you will print.

Can you give more information here? Describe the sound.
    It's sort of a grinding noise, like when it reaches it's max position and the gears want to keep going. Not very pleasant noise.
    But then it settles and waits for extruder and bed to come to temp.