Hey guys,

I think this might be my first 3D Printer Board post so just let me know if I'm in the wrong spot or something.

I originally ordered a Kossel Kit from MakerGeeks but after two months of waiting I cancelled my order. I spent $400 more and received a Blue Eagle Labs (BEL) Kossel Clear in less than a week after ordering. The total with an LCD and SD card reader was ~$925 USD. Shipping was free, 2 day USPS priority mail. They're out of San Diego if anyone cares.

Anyway my first impression of the kit was how minimal it was. I opened the box and it was basically a bag of acrylic parts, 4 stepper motors, some extruded tubes and smaller box with all my wiring/electronics. I triple checked and everything arrived, it's just compact!

The first night I spent about four and half hours assembling the lower assembly with no wiring done. It takes an incredible amount of time to peel off the protection tape on the acrylic haha. The instructions are YouTube based and very thorough. So far I've only encountered minor confusion in the build instructions, but I'm only about 40% done. We'll see how wiring goes, but they have great wiring diagrams as well so I'm not too worried. I should also note that BEL has a great Google Groups forum going on that has active users and active support from BEL. It's very nice.

I'm having trouble linking pictures to the forum right now but I promise I will get some up soon. I'll end this post with a big good job to Blue Eagle Labs. I appreciate the good build quality and thorough instructions.