Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    I like to keep my options open as the mind explores but I keep these ideas to myself like Apple, no need for
    the Chinese to jump on the same idea before me

I've printed with Carbon Fiber PLA, BronzeFill, Brassfill, BambooFill and Ninjaflex on my personal RigidBot. The wood filaments gunk everything up after a while but it all works fine. I would just get extra nozzles because the composite stuff wears them out. I'm not sure I'd prefer having to switch printheads for different materials. Or paying another 200-300 for a flexystruder. But Lulzbot does make fantastic 3D printers.

Technician
    That sound great about the matrials you have been using, glad to hear that they are working. Some of the stuff
    you need higher heat is this right? I guess the head that comes with the Rigidbot can use the all ok sounds like. What size filament in common to use on the Big Rididbot, is the size commo to buy?
    Thanks for all your info it helps alot to understand about the machine.
    Glad to hear you can use the Ninhaflex. How does their print head compare to the E3D model and could a E3D be installed on it if I wanted to I wonder?

Student
    Add eades850 on Google+ Add eades850 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Maybe a 20 x 20 x 20 . not just tall but wider then some of these on the market I see.
    Maybe 15x15x15. I founf the Rigibot large model on the net but people seem to be having trouble with those machines in Youtube.
    The TAZ5 looks nice but would like a larger build area then what it has.
    I run a Rigidbot and love it. Yes, mine has been upgraded and modded heavily. But, in all honesty, were I to buy another machine (as opposed to building my own design) I would go for a RB Big. With a 12 x 12 x 16 build area it has the volume, and it's design makes it easily modifiable. As for support, just go to the RigidBot Google group... We have every field from Electronics Engineers and Programmers to Machinists and Lab Rats (such as myself) who are more than willing to give all the help and resource material you can handle. And, we are all about making our rigs better, so we openly share our mods and upgrades. Just come check us out.

https://plus.google.com/communities/...16225488251038

Large build area - Gigabot

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Most I see just have small areas, Im looking for something with a larger build area if they are out there and have good support?
    Check out the Gigabot from re: 3D with a 24" cubed build area. It's made in Texas, where everything is bigger LOL.
    http://www.re3d.org/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The gigibot looks like fun - there's also another open frame machine manufacturer in the us with a machine at similiar price. But I think half the build volume.

One thing to bear in mind with the rigidbot. it's got a 0.5mm nozzle. So that's the minimum width bead it will extrude.
    If you want to do real fine detail - you'd be better lookig for one that'll use a 0.3 mm or the usual 0.4 mm nozzle.

On the other hand it uses 3mm filament. So you could easily go the other way and use a larger nozzle for faster cruder builds.

Technician
    Gigabot looks nice but the price is climbing fast. The Rigidbot is more in line with their price.

Hi, spaceman, I reply you in another thread.

I recommend you Mankati Fullscale XT Plus, 260*260*300 mm build volume,
    300 ℃ dual E3D V6 extruders, full steel body, 110℃ heat bed, very solid machine.
    It keeps printing pretty nice large objects since I bought it in this March!

If you really need a LARGE BUILD VOLUME printer with dual extruders, this printer is a very high cost-effective option.

Technician
    I will check out the Mankati Fullscale XT Plus, thankyou.
    I looked at it but the Big Rigidbot has larger build area for less money.
    There are some printers that can change heads out and make it into
    a CNC or Laser etching cutting machine too. I think that is a big feature
    many of the printers will have in the future and a large platform to use
    those feature would be nice too have. Thats another reason I like a
    large platform.
    Last edited by spaceman; 07-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.

I think Big Rigidbot and Mankati Fullscale XT Plus are two different directions,
    Big Rigidbot was designed with many refit / DIY tendency, details like total open frame, many 3D printed parts, optional functions...
    It is suitable for those who like refit device and spend times on the device, try many possibilities about the device, not just buy it for 3D printing.
    Mankati Fullscale XT Plus was designed for one purpose: stable and reliable 3D printing,
    details like one-piece solid steel printer body, gear motor feeder, no 3D printed parts, E3D V6 hot end...
    I think it is much suitable for experienced users who have clear and specific purposes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast