Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Technician

Who makes printers with larger build areas????

Most I see just have small areas, Im looking for something with a larger build area if they are out there and have good support?

Engineer
    Define large build area...

Technician
    Maybe a 20 x 20 x 20 . not just tall but wider then some of these on the market I see.
    Maybe 15x15x15. I founf the Rigibot large model on the net but people seem to be having trouble with those machines in Youtube.
    The TAZ5 looks nice but would like a larger build area then what it has.

Engineer
    Boots Industries 2.5 but I dont reccomend them unless you like to adjust the printer frequently...

RigidBot Big

I have a RigidBot regular 10x10x10 which is big for the price (~$600) but the RigidBot Big is 12x16x10 which is very large. They are out of stock for the big right now though. 10x10x10 is still a lot better than most. They even have a frame kit so you can buy your own extruder, driver board and PSU so you can customize it and avoid their less than amazing electronics. Although in my opinion the only thing that really needs replacing is the PSU.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lots of people make large build printers.
    wanhao make some decent sized ones.

There's a new littlebox one announced yesterday with a decent build volume and sensible price.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Box-3D-Printer
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-18-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Technician
    Yes that BigBox 3d printer has some great people behind it. The E3D people have lots of great products and many
    many people use their print head. I see where lots of the Robo3d people have switched to their head.
    I wish it was a little larger but might have to settle for that. I like the good design and the people behind the product.
    Yea the RigidBot 12x16x10 is real nice big area I would like but Im not sure how that company is going to hold up.
    They don;t even keep them in stock and I saw a video of the poor power supply on those units which would
    have to be changed. Maybe they will fix all those problems and get better electronics on the Big RigidBot then
    maybe I would buy one of those but they have to get them in stock. Hmmm
    I see where the BigBox is going to give you all the print part designs they print to make the machine so you can make
    your own parts if you need to, that is nice.

Actually, full disclosure... I work for RigidBot. I can't say much but we will finally are having our chance to iterate on our kickstarter design (kickstarter is a nightmare for a hardware startup) and we will be doing away with the power supply and switching to something more conventional. A lot of other things will be changing as well for the better. That is also why so many things are out of stock. Expect to see announcements within the next few months.

Technician
    Glad to hear that indiwerwlf , will keep a eye on your site for some updates. I like your build area but I would
    like the ability to use all the new filaments comig out and TAZ5 seems to be able to do that because they can
    change the heads and I hope you guys will be able to do this. I think in the future the power is going to be in
    the printers that can handle all the fiaments plus have a build area like you guys.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so what are planning on building that needs that large a build area ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast