Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiemosk View Post
    Check out the Gigabot from re: 3D with a 24" cubed build area. It's made in Texas, where everything is bigger LOL.
    http://www.re3d.org/
    What filament options do you have with the Gigabot, I guess its using a larger filament or is it the same like other printer
    filaments on the market? Wonder if you have as many choices of filament with it?
    I wonder how good the detail is on it for small parts if I printed a bunch at one time.
    How good the detail is if as good as say a Zortrax M200 detail which is good.

20x20x20 is not big at all.
    If you really want big printers, try these:
    Makerbot Z18, Ultimaker Extended.
    Builder, Mankati xt. and there are many reprap kits can help build big ones.

Technician
    The Gigabot is 24x24x24 and Robo 3D is coming out with the Mega R model 39x39x39.
    Makerbot has had problems with their extruder.

gCreate company with their GMAX 1.5 and GMAX 1.5XT look real interesting if they
    are working ok. They don't have a heated bed and thats bad for ABS. Some say there is
    a way to print ABS without a heated bed. There price for their printer is good for
    the size it can print. Lots of cool things they are printing with it.
    This looks like the printer Im going to go with. There is a great group of people using them
    and helping each other in their forum, like a new auto level bed feature someone has designed and using and all kinds of stuff people are printing since you have a large
    build area of 16x16x18 http://www.gcreate.com/#!services/c13ps which is large
    enough and things stay stable on the machine. One guy modified his to go 22" high
    already, the power of it to be modified easy. The price is right too.

Also the Type A Machine Series 1 printer with a 12x12x12 build area is really nice with
    some cool features like auto wipe nozzle before print, head heat up real fast and they
    make profiles for all the filament they sell which they are just getting ready to add 40
    more to their store and all will have a profile for you to use in the software free. Make it
    easy, no messing around with adjustments what is the best setting for each filament.
    That is a real nice feature and I don't know any other company doing that. That take
    the time to create these profiles for the filaments for free for you, cool.Heated bed on Pro
    model plus camera and wifi and networking.
    So this machine has lots to offer aswell with a little smaller build area and little higher price
    but might run with less problems. But I see lots of the gMax 1.5 XT running alot too.
    So have to decide
    Im down to these two.
    Last edited by spaceman; 07-30-2015 at 06:37 PM.

I think you're confused. The RigidBot does not use a .5mm nozzle or 3mm filament. Its .4 and 1.75mm.

Technician
    Im going to wait for the gcreate 1.5 XT+ to get a heated bed and that printer seems to
    be doing good. Just want to have the heated bed, Im sure they will before long. Some guys
    have made their own.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    They don't have a heated bed and thats bad for ABS.
    Why ABS ? Have you looked up PET-G ? It's really nice too and doesn't warp so heated bed and enclosure are out of the way.

The gmax looks nice but if you intend to print ABS this big, prepare for disappointment : you really need an enclosure and preferably temp control inside.

The gmax doesn't seem to have autocalibration : another point that is usually frustrating to beginners.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234