Close

Threaded View

The $500 - CTC Bizer series Dual Nozzle 3D Printer

Picked up one of these last week on ebay from CTCprinter2014.
    printer.JPG
    Fast shipping, all looked well until I saw a USB dongle.

The Dongle says filament usb+
    IMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg

There is a nice yellow sticker that both the seller and the CTC site do not show or mention is the description. It is a proprietary count down timer that runs off the usb. ( Do not plug it into the computer as it will fry it )
    IMG_2169.jpg

so basically you are screwed into waiting for them to ship you overpriced filament after every 150 hours of print time.
    What a scam...
    I thought id share my frustration and warn any new potential buyers that they are about to be scammed by the beginning of the DRM / HASP

but there is hope... for only $10 every 1 hour you can print with extra usb keys! that you can then again wait another week+ for delivery for.
    http://www.ctcprinter.com/product_detail.php?ProId=20
    Product specification:
    Printing time:1 hour
    Weight: about 0.1 kg

Package Size:19 x19x8.5cm
    Filament diameter variation:less than +/-0.1mm
    Print temprature range 170 - 230 celsius(PLA)

I thought id also mention I have emailed the CTC website about this issue and false advertisement / entrapment. Of-course no response... The ebay seller responded and could only offer a discount on the 1 hour usb keys. 4 hours for 35$. It was a nice gesture but im not paying anything more for a lie.

I see CTC is on this forum so hope they can chime in on a workaround or an explanation for the bait and switch.

Today im working on a way to disable or bypass this, if I find one I will update the topic.

Last edited by The_Architect23; 07-14-2015 at 06:34 PM.