Hello guys
I am writing to you because I need your help. I’m doing my master thesis which topics is Comparative analysis of algorithms for path finding in 3D printing. Mainly, in this thesis I compare some algorithms which fill the layer. I don’t care about whole 3D mode, but just one layer. Right now I got several path finding algorithms such as: ZigZag, Spiral, Contour and two fractal algorithms, with Hilbert curve and Peano Curve. After that I try to optimize those paths, which was found by path finding algorithms, by optimization algorithms. I got just two of them: Ant colony optimization and Genetic Algorithm. I also wont to expend the group of optimization algorithms by Neural network and add maybe some fractal algorithm to the group of path finding algorithms. Mainly the zigzag strategy is the best one. (it depends about the shape of the printing area). Rest are really week compare to zigzag strategy. That’s lead me to the questions. First one: Do you know some other path finding algorithms which I can use in my master thesis? Second question is more general. What do you think about this kind of project. :P