Hello all,

Imagine my surprise when I went to email makerbot support and I've discovered they now charge $100 bucks just to send a flippin' email. Incredible. So I found this board. My issue?

It's been a number of months since I ran a print, and the last time I ran a print I was experiencing some issues with layer shifting on the X-Axis. Now, months later, the X-axis won't even move when the printer commands it to. I can move it by hand no problem, and all the applicable areas have been lubricated. I attempted to go into jog mode and try that, but the motor acts as though it's jammed when attempting to jog on the X-axis in either direction. It just grinds gears (more-or-less; it just doesn't move), then stops.

I previously had to have the motor cable replaced, because as is common with these things, it developed a short and I started experiencing similar issues as I am now. Since the replacement, I've let the motor wires hang free and out of the way, so they don't experience the same stress and then fail. I had hoped that would prevent this problem from happening again.

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Tommy