Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Peachy Printer Founder

Bigest print to date- update #54

This video and more pic can be seen in update #54

This rocket is the biggest print yet however I must say its not the size of this print that excites me but the fact that since the printer dose things this size without a hitch, that gives me the impression that
    40cm isn’t any where near the limit I think some day we will look back and laugh at our selves referring to these prints as "Big".

here are some pics:

IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I'm really impressed with not only the size of this print but the consistency of the finish along the length of the rocket.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well impressed :-)
    any pics of the actual setup you used to make that print ?

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    As awesome as this is I cant help but notice this update has glossed over the fact that update 52 ( released a couple of hours prior to this) announced a shipping date slip to September - December.

Awesome rocket though.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Well impressed :-)
    any pics of the actual setup you used to make that print ?

IMG_2402.jpg

here you go it was printed in a large square glass vase

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    As awesome as this is I cant help but notice this update has glossed over the fact that update 52 ( released a couple of hours prior to this) announced a shipping date slip to September - December.

Awesome rocket though.
    We had a long conversation here at peachy about how to make sure people didnt feel we glazed over the new shipping dates,
    thats why in update 53 and 54 the very first line we wrote links you to update 52.
    We also thought that the content of update 52 would get the best reach if it had its own update because our backers get an email for each and every update we do.
    We want as many backers to see our shipping date updates because when people don't we get a large number of emails from people wondering if there printer has been shipped or what is going on, replying to all those emails is time consuming so its in our interest to keep everyone as informed as possible.
    Hope that makes sense/ makes our intentions clear.

When are we going to see a video of you launching it?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    When are we going to see a video of you launching it?
    I dont know, currently we havent made plans to launch rockets again.
    Were very focused on doing everything we need to do to ship printers.

Technologist
    I'm somewhat amazed that the "standard" Peachy did that. I was expecting the normal Peachy to be limited to "normal FDM printer" sort of dimensions (eg. maybe 25*25*25cm), with the Pro being needed for anything much larger. It's absolutely amazing to see the standard one manage an object so large with no major defects - it could potentially go significantly larger while still maintaining adequate quality (although sooner or later waiting a week for the part to come out will be annoying).

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
    I'm somewhat amazed that the "standard" Peachy did that. I was expecting the normal Peachy to be limited to "normal FDM printer" sort of dimensions (eg. maybe 25*25*25cm), with the Pro being needed for anything much larger. It's absolutely amazing to see the standard one manage an object so large with no major defects - it could potentially go significantly larger while still maintaining adequate quality (although sooner or later waiting a week for the part to come out will be annoying).
    That is exactly my feeling, that it will be time that is the limiting factor not size, Iv often said you might be able to print a house, after all lasers dont have a problem shining a hundred feet, but it could take 100 years to print.

I think there are 2 things that need to speed up to make big prints take less time
    1. laser speeds
    2, The time it takes for resin to flow into place for the next layer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast