Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Will it ever support 3rd party printers?
    Yes. Provided that those 3rd parties create the profiles (as they did in the past)

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Also the plugins such as tweak at Z, pause at Z? Will they ever come back?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    Seems Cura released this version too soon. A lot of the settings are missing. Maybe they wanted to keep up with Slic3r and S3D this month.
    Nope, the release date has been planned for +- 6 months now. What settings are you missing? If anything there are -more- settings.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydave View Post
    is anyone else with a mac having issues? every time i try to open it, it gives me this message:
    Yeah. Our bad. Basicly the software worked only for people who had the beta installed (the worst kind of bugs). Should be fixed in 15.06.01

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by nallath View Post
    Should be online now.
    64 bit only :bawling:

Talking of 64 bit I hope you fixed the popup on start up telling me there was an upgrade and then it trying to make me install the 64 bit on my 32 bit PC.

I don't think I am overly bothered really, it works really well as it is (15.02), my only complaint is not enough adjust-ability to things particularly the support and no % done commands for repg both of which I can work round or live without by adding support to my drawings.

Even the old ones leave all the other slicers I've tried for dead, so much so that I am considering buying an Ultimaker if I land on one cheap. Being from the Northern UK it is unlikely that I will find one that cheap anyway.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    cheaper to buy simplify3d and build a cheapo windows machine :-)

I think I've got a decent brand new quadcore machine with ssd down to £180 all in :-)
    (well that's the one I'm delivering to a client this afternoon) Could probably shave another £60 off if you use a 64gb ssd, build your own 'case' and don't bother with a fixed dvd drive (like my workshop 3d printer machine).

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    cheaper to buy simplify3d and build a cheapo windows machine :-)

I think I've got a decent brand new quadcore machine with ssd down to £180 all in :-)
    (well that's the one I'm delivering to a client this afternoon) Could probably shave another £60 off if you use a 64gb ssd, build your own 'case' and don't bother with a fixed dvd drive (like my workshop 3d printer machine).
    Still has Windo$s though and my heart won't put up with the tourettes syndrome test of an "OS"? for long enough to use it. Wife whinges when they hit the garden out of the loft window, isn't that why they call it Windo$e anyway?.

Quote Originally Posted by nallath View Post
    Nope, the release date has been planned for +- 6 months now. What settings are you missing? If anything there are -more- settings.
    I don't have a Ulitimaker. So how do I set the bed size? Where is Tweak At Z? Is there any plans on automatically turning ON the fan when printing bridges. I currently do this manually with Tweak At Z now. Is there anything new in this version besides the new GUI?

Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    I don't have a Ulitimaker. So how do I set the bed size? Where is Tweak At Z? Is there any plans on automatically turning ON the fan when printing bridges. I currently do this manually with Tweak At Z now. Is there anything new in this version besides the new GUI?
    Check the dev blog, you'd see it. But the short answer is; Yeah. Its far more costomizable, but that will be stuff that you see in the future. There are tons of more settings that you can change. You can set bed size by changing the profiles. Tweak at Z was a comunity plugin and some people are working on it right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12