Close

Add jheikkila54 on Thingiverse

Solid Layers Rough

Hey Guys,

I have an issue that I cant quite figure out. My solid layers are coming out rough and extruding a bit. I calibrated my e steps and am within 1 mm. I also have "fine tuned" the flow rate using a hollow cube and is within .01 however the solid layers (except for the first layer) look as if I am over extruding or the layers are overlaping to much. I am using a .3 nozzle with .4 layer width and .2 layer height, 2 perimeters, 3 bottom/top layers, printing in ABS at 230. I am using S3D. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what infill are you using ?

15%. on that part there is only about 3 layers of infil due to how tall it is, however this happens on parts that are much much taller as well, with smaller and larger infill percentages. Onething that I thought about while in bed last night, is this seems to only happen on diagonal lines, where both x and y axises are involved. Im curious if there is an issue with my y axis somewhere. In what way, im not sure, the belt tension is proper (IMHO)

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    It's tough to see many issues for me in that photo. If I wasn't happy with the surface, I'd lightly sand and acetone to smooth it out.

After playing with the flowrate with a few calibration cubes, I found i was extruding 3% to much, enough to cause a shotty top layer.