Close

Layer start point thick S3D and Flashforge Dreamer

On my Flashforge Dreamer the layer start point leaves a little thick bulge of plastic for maybe 1/2mm long and probably 0.1mm thick - about half again as wide as the nozzle is laying down. For most items this is not a problem, but I am currently printing a couple of thousand light covers for my Christmas display and the seam is really obvious. If I switch to random start point it looks more like a pinecone, with little bumps randomly around the circumference.

Even acetone smoothing is not helping hide this, although it does help a lot with strength and the ability of clear spray to adhere to it more evenly for UV protection, so I'll continue smoothing for now.

I'd welcome all suggestions, thanks.

In S3D on the first tab of the processes you have the retraction values for each hot end. You can set the restart values at negative (like -0,2mm) and you'll see that it "kind of" spreads a bit more. You might end up with a hole instead though. That's why I stopped using it. Might suit your purpose though !

Engineer
    Yes its all about relieving pressure before you make that travel move. Everything in that section on the first tab is there to control that