Close

You've got some competition!

Formlabs has just released it's next version http://www.techtimes.com/articles/63...3d-printer.htm looks like it uses the same tech as peachy only without the water level.
    Oh yeah, it only goes for $3999... (at first I thought it was $399)

Any news on production? Timelines etc?

Hey iplayfast,

I think Formlab addresses a totally different group of customers.
    There have been various SLA printers before peachy, mostly bottom-up.
    There have even been Kickstarter campaigns for cheaper SLA printers but none has yet come a place where it could conquer Peachy in terms of price and hackability.
    And that's exactly what we all are here for.

Maybe you could compare peachy and the other printers to Linux vs OSx:
    OSx brings a finished product where everything works but you can't change things that easy.
    Linux is like a sandbox where you can mess around with everything but you have to know yourself how to get it running.

That's what I like about peachy.
    I'm absolutely looking forward to see some crazy modifications that use the peachy for things like a DIY Lasershow, Circuit Board printing usw...

Regarding production:
    I would love to see an update containing infos about the production process.
    Maybe even containing a time-lapse video of how all the parts come together to form a peachy kit.
    And, of course: More prints with the new digital circuit!

Let's be excited!
    quertz

Hi. I don't think this is the nextgen Form1. In The Form1+ they have just fixed a lot of hardware bugs. The Form1 suffers from a laser diode with a short lifespan, galvos that looses precision and a z assembly that is not good enough. It is possible to get a factory upgrade to the + verson, if you pay ~1000$.... The Galvo/laser assembly+ electronics that drives them is a standard Chinese lasershow kit, that costs about 100$....

@quertz, I was saying they have competition tongue-in-cheek. I don't think you can compare a $100 printer to a $4000 printer with any degree of apples being apples.