Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Ares - All-in-one 3D printer/CNC/Laser Engraver/Scanner hits Indiegogo

All-in-one machines that bring together 3D printing, scanning, CNC milling, and laser engraving capabilities are seeing demand rise around the world--and today, China-based EasyArts has launched an Indiegogo campaign seeking to raise $8K for their new Ares machine. The delta-style Ares, available in limited quantities starting at just $399, offers affordable versatility. It's Wi-Fi enabled for wireless control via smartphone, tablet, or laptop, and offers interchangeable tool-heads--and it's open source, which can lead to enhancements as the community picks it up. Check out more details and specs in the full article: http://3dprint.com/75339/ares-all-in-one-3d-printer/
    Below is a look at the Ares:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    price is good.
    This machine has been around for a while. Definitely had at least one other article.

Good luck to them :-)

This 3d printer looks great. it is much cheap than the others. Look at the linear guideway and CNC parts, sounds worthy!

How can the EasyArts make 3D printer so cheap? It is incredible.

Technician
    Wish it was larger, like all the features.
    Found this large Delta printer on Kickstarter Kossel Clear

lol so brainstorm and markwilliams - presumably work for the ares people :-)

This looks disconcertingly similar to the Flux printer on Kickstarter. What's up with that? Are the two printers as close in specs and features as they are in appearance?

It certainly looks that way Curious - I was hoping to find more posts on this thread as their forum seems a little quiet EasyArtsForum.

The price on this bit of kit certainly caught my eye however the lack of community / support at the moment is a little disheartening. I'm not sure if I should part with my money or go with a more established option?

well it's still in crowd funding mode - so buy something else :-)