Close

Student

MakerBot digitizer scan problem resolved.

I've been having very bad scans with my MakerBot digitizer, even Tech support could not find the problem. They sent me a new machine and that had the same "bad scan" problem.
    Yesterday my computer could not "find" the digitizer and I remembered having this type problem with a printer. Solution, I changed the USB cable to one with a noise
    suppressor built in and it fixed the scan problem.
    The new digitizer they sent me had a new USB cable with it it so I must assume their cables are a poor quality. I can scan and directly print with very good results now..... So if your having the "scan" problem with your digitizer, try a USB cable with a noise suppressor in line. It worked for me.
    Don

Wow, that's rather interesting. Good to know in case anyone else is having an issue. Have you contacted MakerBot about this? If so what was their response?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Wow, that's rather interesting. Good to know in case anyone else is having an issue. Have you contacted MakerBot about this? If so what was their response?
    I will let MakerBot know first thing in the morning. I spent most of the day making sure of my findings. I'm surprised this is not "number one" on their help desk check list....
    Don