Close

Resolution of the model

Hi I am a dentist and I am looking at printing some dental models. What is the resolution of this printer and the resulting model?

Ammster

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    For a straightforward easy question it's hard to give a straightforward answer but I think depending on the nature of the detail you'll be looking at .2mm being around the smallest you can get a detail in. YMMV with calibration, set up distance and all kinds of other things. I'm sure someone with more experience will give a better answer soon though.

Peachy Printer Founder
    yes very simple question, yet complex answer, esp with all the things that you can change in a peachy printers setup.
    We are making some software changes that could change the answer to this question so Im going to wait to reply.

I have similar questions about what the printer can accomplish, and was wondering whether there are any owners who would be willing to sell or share some test prints. (Should I start a separate thread for this?)

Hey p4Yii5ul,

Until now, there are only Beta-Testers.
    You can have a look at some of their prints over here:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-the-Beta-team

Remember that they are using a very early beta hardware,
    mostly incomparable to the quality of the new prints.
    To get a look at those new ones just scroll through the last 5 - 10 Updates of the Kickstarter project.

Have a nice day,
    quertz

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I do hope that test prints of the latest quality will start to circulate soon, even if only on a "loan" basis. It is one thing to see something online, a whole other experience to examine it in person. I hope that the Peachy Printer (or Pro version) will be capable of the quality I desire; I'm perfectly willing to wait if that's not yet the case, but I will eventually need to have a hands-on experience with a sample before I commit to purchasing the machine.