Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

Question FFC Pro & Simplify3D Simultaneous Bed and Extruder Pre-Heat

How do I tell the FFC Pro to Simultaneous preheat the Bed and Extruder and wait for stabilization?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it doesn't. The bed heats and then the extruder.
    At least that's the way mine always work - no matter what the slicer. It's also the way the built in preheat works as well.

Best way is to manually preheat before messing with s3d.

Engineer-in-Training
    Gcode is M6 T1 It's in your scripts on S3D. as CA advised above the bed heats first then the extruders. This is intentional because the bed is harder to stabilize because of it's mass. Also as stated above use the preheat function on the printer itself. It is faster to heat up that way.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    It's strange, why does the included cone print heat both simultaneously?

no idea, never seen it happen and I have printed that cone.

Technologist
    Current draw is usually much heavier when a heating element is cold, so if you heat both simultaneously, you may exceed the PSU capacity.

I always go into the control panel in S3d and pre heat the bed and as soon as it gets to 108c I start the preheat extruder. Then as soon as the extruder gets to 230c I home the Z Axis and the goto the printer and kick off the print from the sd card. So far this method has worked great.

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse
    Robosmith had it. The power supply is not strong enough to heat both at the same time. It can maintain heat at the same time, but not increase heat at the same time. While printing you may notice this too. The bed will climb from getting low at a different time than the print heads. Also a heated bed will result in a lower maintained print head heat. With a non-heated bed, I stay within a couple degrees. With a heated bed, I'm lucky to stay within 5 degrees of the set temp.

Technician
    When I manually preheat the FF both bed and extruder heat at the same time. So the power supply must be able to handle both (or three if both tools selected) without damage

well it looks like you're on your own. Everybody elses heats the bed and then the head/s.
    Congratulations :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast