Close

Technologist

RioRand(TM) RRD-FAN-EXTENDER for dual extruder configuring help needed please..

In order to add a print fan and the servo for my ABL on my new itty bitty flex dual extruder, It was suggested I get this RRD-FAN-EXTENDER. I wish to use it to plug my ABL servo and a print fan. The motherboard is set to 34 as the instructions state. It also says this RRD-FAN-EXTENDER is "plug and play". I plugged it, but it doesn't play anything!

1. Is there a wiring diagram that will show me where to plug the servo, and where to plug the fan?
    2. Do I need to alter any of the firmware so RAMPS knows that there is a fan and servo?
    3. Do I need to configure the firmware to tell RAMPS the I now have a RRD-FAN-EXTENDER installed?

I tried looking this stuff up with no luck. Any help to get this working would be appreciated.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SQ4PYW8SY7RM52

Thank you all for the help
    Bill

Technologist
    Anyone?? Hello?

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    for me, to get the servo to work, I had to solder a 3 pin header onto the three pins on the board that correspond to the servo connections on the ramps board. in effect, the servo is passed straight through the riorand board. then, I plugged the fans into the pins on that board and played around with it to figure out which one was which. Also, search for posts on this by clough42, I got this info from one of his posts.