Close

Flashforge Dreamer Printing 2 Objects

Hi,

I have a question perhaps the experts here can help me answer.

I'm planning to print 2 different objects on the same print bed on the Dreamer. Can the dreamer finish printing one object first and move to the next object? (I know that it can simultaneously print the 2 objects at the same time).

the object print are simple square 1" x 1" x 1" cube.

1. Are there 3rd party software that allow it to print in this way?

Greatly appreciated.

DD

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse
    Nope, there are Z-axis interference issues so they don't even bring that into consideration. No printer does.

Actually, Simplify3D will allow this -- when you have two different processes and hit "Prepare to Print," Simplify3D asks if you want ot print layer by layer or object by object. I've never tried object by object, so I don't know if it's smart enough to warn you or prevent conflicts on the Z axis.

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse
    Simplify3D may allow it, some other slicers do too. But unless you do the math carefully, you may end up damaging your printer. Bottom line. It ain't worth it. If you need to do more than one print at a time, buy a second printer.

Like I said, I haven't tried it, and I haven't found a scenario where I see a reason to try it. However, that's different from "no printer does it," and OP asked if it's possible.