Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Makerfarm Prusa 10 iV3. 254 mm squared

ok lets make this the last one then
    pm me an address

Senior Engineer
    You got the size exactly right. No filing or anything, exactly the size of the aluminium plate so it slotted into the existing corners.

I need to pair the top off the corners as they are slightly proud of the bed.

Not tried it yet, other things on my plate right now.

20150616_205955.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    You got the size exactly right. No filing or anything, exactly the size of the aluminium plate so it slotted into the existing corners.

I need to pair the top off the corners as they are slightly proud of the bed.

Not tried it yet, other things on my plate right now.

20150616_205955.jpg
    no rush
    got a few things going on my end at the moment also. wife went into labour 7 weeks early 2 days ago so im up the hospital a lot, so there is a little delay on other build plates but i will get around to it

Student
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. Was just looking over the threads and noticed this, Am I to late? I have a Rigidbot Regular 260mmx280mm

Edit: No hurry, just read the labor part and all. Congrats!

no worries, i will see what i can do. pm me your address

Senior Engineer
    Hmm, tried it today and I am going to have to do some serious mods to use it. The expansion rate of the platform seems to be very high, much higher than the aluminium bed and because I have it held in by brackets at the corners the only place it can expand is upwards so I end up with a convex build plate with the middle about 3 mm high. This is really effective and sanding the end off the nozzles.

What it did print stuck well and more importantly came off easily it just didn't resemble the thing I gave it very much and at a set of nozzles per print it probably isn't really viable.

I shall peruse this and have another go when time permits but for now it's back to polycarbonate.

Grateful for it but gese am I glad I didn't buy one.

a little disappointing but sounds like you gave it a good try. maybe others will have better luck

Senior Engineer
    So I modded the printer to take the plate. Printed fine, no problem or warping, stuck well.

It stuck so well that I snapped it in two trying to get the print off.

I have peeled the diamond black top off the broken acrylic and stuck it to the polycarbonate that I normally use, I can't physically break that no matter how hard things are stuck so maybe it will be OK.

i am glad to hear you did not give up on it lol.
    maybe instead of acrylic i should be using polycarbonate.
    if you are interested i would happily make you a
    polycarbonate version just for you to try
    apologies on late posting of other build plates. i can confirm that
    jetfish and soofle616 build plates have been sent friday.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast