Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Technician
    I just got mine yesterday. I came here to ask, for sure, what side is the build side? I assume its the smooth side? Why is one side soo textured? I plan on printing on it tomorrow.

Thanks again! I can read back through the thread, but I guess I'll just ask here. Where and in what form would you like your feedback?

Senior Engineer
    Textured side

I asked the same question a few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBoost View Post
    I just got mine yesterday. I came here to ask, for sure, what side is the build side? I assume its the smooth side? Why is one side soo textured? I plan on printing on it tomorrow.

Thanks again! I can read back through the thread, but I guess I'll just ask here. Where and in what form would you like your feedback?
    use the textured side with pla a raft and no heated bed or chamber

also the feedback can be posted here as honest as you can.
    how you got on with it
    how simple was it to use
    and the results of the finished print

the principle should be similar as the plate of UP printer with many holes to fix the models while printing, am I right?
    How is the thermal conductivity if adding this plate?

Not sure i understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by STRYKR View Post
    Craftbot 250 x 200 mm build plate. More than happy to give one of these a try!
    posted your plate this morning

Student
    Just received my Build plate. Tried a small PLA print on it. First thing I noticed, it was a little hard to get level, since you can't really get a good feel with the "paper" method. After awhile a managed to get it relatively level with corner clamps, little high in the middle. Print sticks well, and comes off easy. But unfortunately there seems to be some productions flaws (air bubbles trapped under what seems to be Skateboard grip-tape?) tried to get most off it out by poking holes and trying to press down the tape again. All in all, nice product if you don't have a heated bed. But if you have a heated bed, I would still just stick to glass. Great customer service though, which is a biiiiiiiiig bonus!

Thanks
    Ole

i have noticed some air bubbles forming on some plates, we think its because the printed section gets so hot then expands the air that might be trapped inside.
    we are thinking that maybe if we heat the top layer slightly before binding to the acrylic then maybe it will overcome that issue.
    thank you for the review

Technician
    I had a computer got DOA on me so life has been busy. I plan on printing something this weekend, and more thereafter. I usually don't print with a raft because I've found them impossible to remove from the print without destroying the print. I'll try it both ways.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast