Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond black View Post
    ok i have managed to send a bunch more plates today.
    Wolfie
    DBFIU
    malakian
    DrBoost

not sure how long the delivery will take from the united kingdom but you should receive them soon enough
    Got mine a several days ago but I am in Florida right now so I cant get to it to try for a couple more weeks.

Once I get home I can get some quality time with it and see how it plays. Wasn't looking forward to going home. Now I am

Technician
    I finally had the time to give it a go. I wasn't able to use it. The center was too high, I couldn't level the bed. I've put the plate on some spacers with weight on the middle, hoping to remove, or reverse the bow. If it's high on the edges I can clamp it down, but high in the middle, I can't do anything about that. I'm printing on glass right now.

this issue did not happen on the smaller plates.
    i am experimenting with stickyback magnetic film for the underside of the plates and for the printer bed.
    im hoping this will fix that issue

Technician
    Thanks for the reply diamond black. Here's my thoughts on the magnetic film.
    1. Would the adhesive release due to heat?
    2. That wouldn't help those with wood or plastic platforms.
    Not criticisms at all, just thinking out loud. I'm looking forward to trying it, and I'll let you know my results if I can print on it.

if you have any issues in printing on it then i could send out a magnetic bottom version if ok

im using a fabrikator id love to try one 150mm x 150mm

Sorry for the delay! I've been enjoying my Diamond Black build plate on my CraftBot. While I was skeptical of not using my bed heater I did not have bonding issues. The coarse texture allows the raft to dig in yet release with ease, far better than using Kapton or blue tape. With its flexibility, Diamond Black actually allows my prints to be removed easier than on my perforated build plate on my Zortrax M200. Attached are a few pictures of my first sample test. I will be testing Ninjaflex this evening and will follow up with my perceived pros and cons of the build plate.
    11703432_526940260789310_314174905560566299_o.jpg11807594_526940267455976_2985169761556307723_o.jpg11834840_526940264122643_7489387240688067056_o.jpg

thats great news. we are currently experimenting with magnetic bottoms and sticky back ferras sheet to eliminate the need for clamps or "screws" lol and to also fix the issue with larger plates slightly warping in the center. our first few tries look good. it will ad to the expense of the build plate and also add to the thickness, but it does make it really easy to use. just remove plate from bed then bend plate/remove part and place build plate back on bed. simples
    also there is an issue with the material bubbling on the acrylic build plate. that is due to the heat which i believe expands any air underneath, we are using 3m adhesive now so that should eliminate that issue
    if anyone could point out any other issue that would be helpfull thanx

can i ask what filament you are using, pla,abs,pla

So far I have printed with PLA and Ninjaflex. Pictures coming soon.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast