Does anyone know if there is a way to trick XYZware (the G-code app that works with XYZprinting's daVinci printers) into thinking there is a printer attached to the system when there isn't one?

My workflow has been to develop models in Cinema 4D, export to STL format, then pull that into XYZware. Often the model will look fine, but then I hit the printer button and that does the slicing. If there is anything wrong with my geometry, it will show a preview of the slices and I know what areas I need to fix. Unfortunately, if a printer is not on or is not there, the printer button is greyed out, so I can't get my model to the slicer--and I lose that valuable diagnostics tool.

My situation is that I have been a runner-up in two printer giveaway contests hosted by XYZprinting, so each time I have won the use of a loaner printer for four weeks. Well, in the next couple of days I have to send this printer back to them. I know I must get a printer for keeps, but I still need to do research--plus I don't have the money just now. But in the meantime, I want to keep working on my models, but without being able to get them to the slicer, I can't tell if they would print properly.

I guess the other thing I was considering would be a change to my workflow. Does Slic3r or some other G-code processing software let you slice without there actually being a printer hooked to your computer?

I apologize for the length of the question, but it's kind of a strange one...I couldn't figure out how to word it.

I would appreciate any light one might shed on this dilemma. Cheers, John