Close

Banned

Printing tall, vase-like object, need to guarantee no delamination.

I am printing an 8" tall, vase-like shape. I can't post the shape because the product is still under development. Basically, imagine a tube, about 4 or 5 inches in diameter and 8 inches tall.

the basic constraints I am using are.

0.35mm layer height (I have to use this layer height because of print time)
    Printing about 65-75mm/s
    Printing ABS at 285C
    3 shells, trying to keep this to a minimum.

The thing that has helped the most so far, has been flow rate tweak. I am pushing 125% flow tweak and that really mashes together the layers. Other then that, what can I do to help adhesion without reducing my layer height and print speed? In fact, I would like to print around 100mm/s with that layer height. Mind you I run a 0.4mm AVN swiss nozzle which is very low friction. Not sure if that matters, but my extruder can lay down material quite well. I want to try 135% or 150%, any drawbacks to that if my extruder can handle it?

The high temp really helps. I also have a 125watt heat lamp inside my machine, which is enclosed, creating a hot ambient for it. This also helps.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance printbus lol

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
    Thank you in advance printbus lol
    Lol back at you. I'm actually staying out of this one. I don't pretend to know enough about ABS - I tend to focus on PLA. Layer delamination is definitely going to be your challenge. Good luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Lol back at you. I'm actually staying out of this one. I don't pretend to know enough about ABS - I tend to focus on PLA. Layer delamination is definitely going to be your challenge. Good luck!
    I am able to print at 0.35mm using the above settings, from time to time I get delamination but usually it's my fault. Like a cold gust of air or a setting I forgot to turn on. I just want to hear what other people do regarding this issue, I know it is solvable with good long term reliable printing.