Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add jheikkila54 on Thingiverse
    A little off subject, but I noticed that we all have similar builds, does going with the Rumba or Rambo boards over the RAMPS add any benifits. Other then being able to control the cooling fan?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    It will eliminate the back and forth filling between two thin walls..
    I saw this on a video from 3d Hangouts..
    see here for better explanation: https://youtu.be/grRQ8MWkf0A?t=26m
    Wow very interesting find but do you always use this nozzle setting for every print or just ones with two thin walls?

Honestly... Ive always just left it at this setting..I usually print with two or three perimeters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnupp View Post
    Wow very interesting find but do you always use this nozzle setting for every print or just ones with two thin walls?

Its a matter of preference for the most part.. Many people like the ramps because is Modular. I personally like the simplicity of the RAMBO plus the fact that it does not require cooling fans, it controls all the axis motors plus two extruders with out having to purchase additional driver boards. The digital pots on the RAMBO are also a nice feature.

As a matter of fact just last night I ordered another 12 prusa from Colin with a Rambo setup just like my current one.

Quote Originally Posted by jheikkila54 View Post
    A little off subject, but I noticed that we all have similar builds, does going with the Rumba or Rambo boards over the RAMPS add any benifits. Other then being able to control the cooling fan?

Add jheikkila54 on Thingiverse
    Hey Voodoo, I made the adjustments you suggested, it does make my prints better so I am greatful for your input. However, I am still getting the rounded corners. Any chance you could take a look at what settings you have for DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION, DEFAULT_ACCELERATION, and DEFAULT_XYJERK and post them here for me?

Glad to hear, im not sure my settings would work. I am running C42's Flex Extruder and the Marlin set up for that, but its worth a shot. You can always revert the settings..make sure to send M502 then M500 commands after flashing.

settings are:

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,5,1000}

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 500

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

Quote Originally Posted by jheikkila54 View Post
    Hey Voodoo, I made the adjustments you suggested, it does make my prints better so I am greatful for your input. However, I am still getting the rounded corners. Any chance you could take a look at what settings you have for DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION, DEFAULT_ACCELERATION, and DEFAULT_XYJERK and post them here for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12