Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technologist
    What are the mods on this?

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Sorry for the blurry pics...But should give an idea on how they end up.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    ALso have you wedged the tensioner lever open/down ?
    That was all i had to do on my creator.

That said - green ninjaflex works great - red, not so much.
    In fact our of a half dozen flexible filament samples - I've never got red filament to work properly. Green is the best, and white seems to work okay as well.

I ran the same file in Black and Red and got similar results. I think my settings are at 60mm/s also, however due to accceleration curves and the small part size I doubt it gets to that speed. Outlines are set to 50% speed also.

Attachment 6207Attachment 6208
    Last edited by jfkansas; 06-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by robosmith View Post
    What are the mods on this?
    What do you mean by mods? The black plastic is all different than the stock plastic.

Technologist
    What do you mean by mods? The black plastic is all different than the stock plastic.
    I am interested to know what you changed.

Did you somehow move the feeder gear closer to the PTFE tube, for example?

I am not familiar enough with the stock configuration to see what was changed.

Super Moderator
    The tolerance between the filament drive gear and plastic is much tighter. The filament is fully supported after the drive gear.

The stock plastic is 4 pieces, and 3 screws. This design is 2 plastic pieces and 1 screw. I also beefed up the preload on the spring to have more pressure on the flex filament.

There isn't any PTFE in the feed mechanism.

Technologist
    The tolerance between the filament drive gear and plastic is much tighter. The filament is fully supported after the drive gear.

The stock plastic is 4 pieces, and 3 screws. This design is 2 plastic pieces and 1 screw. I also beefed up the preload on the spring to have more pressure on the flex filament.

Thanks for your explanation.

Technologist
    What do you think about including a wire brush to continuously scrub the drive gear?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pcs-made-i...-/301647740867

Super Moderator
    It really isn't needed, I don't clean my drive gear but about a couple times a month at most. I usually run a #11 xacto knife down the grooves, not a brush. Sometimes a quick blast of canned air is all that is needed. It would also take another perpendicular drive system since you would want to brush along the grooves and not across.

Technologist
    It really isn't needed, I don't clean my drive gear but about a couple times a month at most. I usually run a #11 xacto knife down the grooves, not a brush. Sometimes a quick blast of canned air is all that is needed. It would also take another perpendicular drive system since you would want to brush along the grooves and not across.
    Yeah, ideally it would be along the grooves, but with a continuous action, across could be effective enough.

Might be better than taking it apart a couple of times a month.

Then again, if the brush were round and mounted at an angle and allowed to rotate, it could have significant across the grooves motion propelled by the gear motion.

Super Moderator
    You gotta check out my extruder mount. I can have a stepper out gear cleaned and back ready to roll in a few minutes. If I really tried I bet I could do it in under 3min. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast