Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Unhappy Adhesion problem

Hi, I got a 3D-printer since November.
    But I have always a adhesionproblem between the print and the printsurface.
    I don´t want to use kapton or bluetape, is there any other propper solution on the market ?

Does anybody tested 3d lac or dimafix ?

Thanks a lot

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    What material?

What bed temperature?

Student
    With diffrent Materials, PLA/PHA, ABS, HIPS, PC

I have a heated bed and use the temps. which a recommended for this material.

Senior Engineer
    So you are printing with ABS on a heated bed but do not want to use Kapton tape or blue masking tape and you expect to be able to have it stick to the bed?

As far as I can see your only options are hair spray or ABS slurry.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    ABS should stick to a 100C bed, but we use hairspray on a 75C bed and it works pretty well. Some more challenging shapes get pads.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...light=davopads

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Actually the main issue is the speed of the first layer.

I suddenly remembered last week that the main reason I'd bought simplify3d was to get better control of my first layer - and then I promptly forgot all about it :-)

I printed something out on a raft last week - and realised that rafts work so well because they are laid down really really slowly.

So I changed the firsrt layer speed to 10% of print speed. And on pet tape at 60c my main issue now is getting the prints off :-)
    Had no aborts since, no bad prints, don't have to recalibrate - just works :-)

So my answer is yes you will need tape, but pet tape goes on easy and only needs changing when you tear it.
    Print the first layer very very slowly and it'll stick without any hassle and just work.

Student
    Follow T3rr0rByte13 On Twitter
    Does hair spray on non heated bed work?

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    ABS should stick to a 100C bed, but we use hairspray on a 75C bed and it works pretty well. Some more challenging shapes get pads.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...light=davopads

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by T3rr0rByte13 View Post
    Does hair spray on non heated bed work?
    Yes.....................

Student
    Would any of you prefer to buy a product that combines the good characteristics of bluetape, kaptontape, abs junice and hairspray, when the price is at the same level as the other products (ca. 10cents/print) ?

In the last days I developed a spray which works on heated and non-heated printbeds and solves all my problems.

Engineer
    I bought my printer in November, with a roll of Kapton tape, and I'm still using that same roll today. It work's like a charm on any material I throw at it. I wouldnt want to be spraying my bare bed with crap and gunking it all up.

I also hear great things about Buildtek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast