Close

Engineer

Pause print at process change (S3D)?

I'm looking for a way to pause the printer when I switch process's in Simplify3D so I can switch the filament out but not have to be there watching it every minute. Could someone help out I feel like it is in front of my face but I'm just not seeing it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    can't see an option - you'd think there ought to be one.

Engineer
    You would think.

I just ended up using the cross section view, and got the exact Z-Axis mm I wanted to stop at, and used "Pause at Z height" on the flashforge menu

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never seen that. I've used the pause button. Hmm, so you can set the printer to pause at a certain height ?
    That could be useful - but how do you then change the filament without moving the bed or head ?

Engineer
    "Pause at Z height" is right under my "Pause" button on the Flashforge menu. I just entered the MM height of 4.02 and it auto paused there.

It is just like any manual pause, the bed lowers down, the extruder returns to it's home position (it's not freely movable from there though) and I just pull the filament out and load in the new filament, and "Unpause" bring's the bed back up and nozzle to right where it left off.