Close

Are there plans to support any other software for CAD than Blender?

Has there been any thought given to supporting anything other than Blender? Or am I going to need to learn a new interface? I plan On buying a kit just as soon as possible to get set up on the side of my workstation for making enclosures and such.

Some questions as well on the tanks. Should the tanks be protected from outside light? Will sunlight, direct or otherwise be an issue? I guess my thoughts so far have been a pair of octagon aquariums for tanks, with the lower painted black to keep out light.

Hi Deadbot1,

as far as I know there isn't any limitation to Blender anymore.
    In the beginning they wanted to use a blender script but currently they import GCode directly.

So as can be read in all the other Threads, you can use any Software to Design, any Software to slice and produce GCode
    and in the end just import that file to the PeachyPrinterTools to make it print.

Regarding the Tank:
    If you want to make sure the resin doesn't cure where it shouldn't you might want to use protected tanks.
    A black tank should work just as well as a UV-Protecting tank (The orange boxes you see on many photolithographic printers).
    And yes, sunlight does contain UV(quite a lot) and cures the resin, but normal glass already filters out a big part of that.

Hope I could answer your questions.
    Greetings,
    quertz