Close

Help finding a matching color to a discontinued filament

Hello all,

I have been using some XYZ light blue ABS for a while and it seems the color is now discontinued.
    Would any of you know of an ABS filament 1.75mm with a color close to the one shown in the picture below?
    The XYZ filament I'm trying to match is the one in the center.
    Left is JET ABS and right is E-Sun.
    Thanks.
    20160321_172632.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks a lot like a roll of blue pla I've got.
    No idea where it came from - was a cheap ebay purchase - I think.

Plus colours are very subjective. And also change depending on what light you see them in.

But it does look like apretty normal shade of blue to me.

I will add I'm famous for not noticing colours.
    And not having a favourite one.

But if you look around you should be able to find the same shade of blue.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Maybe more like this after a closer look http://www.3dsolutech.com/store/abs/...g-22-lbs-spool

Thanks guys.
    The 3D solutec looks like the one on the right that I just got. It's very light.
    The one from meltink looks like hybrid between the one on the left and the middle one. It's a bit too dark.
    I know colors are subjective, but the reason I want to match it is because it's the closest color to the blue anodizing on the RC cars.
    I'd hate to blow $25 each time to try a color lol.
    There is a company called voltivo that has a color close but it's $45 for a spool of 1kg of ABS. It's a tough price to swallow.

Technologist
    If you're not too pressed for time, Solutec and Meltink both offer samples so you can get a few in and give them a once over. You're best bet is to look for a company that does samples, and get one in first hand to eyeball.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebomber View Post
    If you're not too pressed for time, Solutec and Meltink both offer samples so you can get a few in and give them a once over. You're best bet is to look for a company that does samples, and get one in first hand to eyeball.
    Sounds like a viable option.
    I actually just stumbled upon a company called Colido that seem to have something very similar.

the spool of a kg is at $31 +$9 S&H (>.<)'
    I might give them a call and see what's up.
    Thanks for your help guys.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Ours is closer to the blue on the left in your photo... but still definitely worth a try.

http://www.3dexfilament.co.uk/product.php?id=14