Close

A good website to buy filament sample - GlobalFSD

Many people would hesitate before buying a new 3d filament as they are not sure whether the new product is worth a try.

Well, here is a good website - GlobalFSD (Global Filament Sample Depot), which offers small sample of the latest filament from all around the world. Anyone who is interested in a new developed filament can buy a small piece of sample to try out before getting in a whole spool.

What's more, visitors can view the filament database, which is sorted based on full tests, to choose the right filament.

Sounds right? For more, view http://3dprint.com/62652/filament-trends-stats-db/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol it's got it's own sticky in the filaments section :-)

And yes they are excellent. Particularly if you live in the uk.

Just tested some of the new taulman 910 alloy - cost a couple of quid for 10 metres.
    And I'm glad I tested it first. Just don't get what taulman are saying about this stuff. prints just like bog standard nylon. Nothing like they claim.

Engineer
    I just recently tried GlobalFSD out from the US, and until they get a supplier in the USA, I would not recommend that for people here in the US. The shipping cost and time make's it not really worth it, unless you buy a ton of sample's then I would see it being worth the shipping cost. Great place for people living in the UK I would think though!

yeah shipping to and from the states is brutal. Over here it's well cheap.
    The 10 metres each of reprapper aluminium and copper cost me £0.90 in postage.
    And it'll probably get here tomorrow or friday.
    Likewise their sister company - 3dfilaprint.com are excellent. And the reprapper tech pla is just the best I've tried.

Engineer
    You gotta let me know how that Aluminum stuff is, I would love to grab a spool of that. Also, what filament do you recommend for having a little flex to it, but still being pretty tough. I'm looking to make cigarette pack's possibly (I work at a cigarette store basically) but I think the ABS and PLA I currently have are too stiff and would break fast enough being in people's pockets all day.

might try some pet.
    I haven't yet - just waiting for the length I've got to straighten out a bit :-)

The other thinng you could do is use polymakr polyflex for a hinge and pla for the body.

The aluminium and copper filament arrived this morning.
    First impressions are pretty good.
    The filament with copper does look like copper.
    The aluminium one doesn't have a metallic sheen but is the most silver coloured filament I've seen.

I'll try and get a couple of marvins printed this afternoon - I need one for 3d hubs anyway.