Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse

Angry ExtrusionBot..Is it a scam?

Well, I decided to give the EB2 a go. I couldn't get their website to accept my card. That probably should have been a clue, but I apparently didn't pick up on it. I call them and placed a phone order. I was assured it would be shipped that week.

Next week, I hadn't heard from them and tried to call and get a tracking number. All I got was voice mail. Twice. Called the next week. Same voice mail. Nobody returned my calls.

I get home from work one day and its sitting on my step. I had specified my work address to ship to, not my CC billing address. I had off work the following day so I decided to try it.

When I unboxed it I had to dump what appear to be ABS pellets out of the inside. Not out of the hopper, INSIDE. Its not put together very well. I see black duct tape inside the vent on the front. I see crooked screws. And there is a clunking noise from inside the box. Then I spent almost an hour getting the 1.75 nozzle off. I ordered it in 3mm with an extra 1.75 nozzle so why the 1.75 was on it at all I don't know. It was badly cross threaded and I had a dickens of a time getting it out. Finally on with 3mm.

I dump in some ABS, heat it up to the recommended 185c and.....nothing. Extruder motor doesn't run. It just drbbles out from heat expansion. Freaking serious. So, I go to dump that out and what do I find? A bunch of it is now inside the box. I think I got most out. Now I try the bag of ABS pellets I ordered with the EB. And...185c....and...still nothing. Now the box is full of abs pellets. Again. What a piece of crap.

That was early last week. I called. I emailed. I emailed again this week. I called again today, and no longer get the voice mail but its a generic announcement instead of the extrusion bot "currently out of the office" announcement I got on prior calls. I sent in their contact form off their site. I emailed both service@ and support@ and no reply from either.

Its been more than 3 weeks since I had contact with them. I have called a total of 7 times leaving messages. I have emailed them 4 times. Used the contact form twice. Not once have I received a call, an email or anything. I even tried posting a message to them on their youtube account.

At this point I would stay away from them like they got the plague if this is how they intend to do business. I am going to give the a couple more days to respond to anything. If not, then I guess the next step is to dispute the charge on my CC. Hate to do that. Never had to take it to that level before but they really aren't leaving me much option.

Are the still in business or did they take my $800 and run? Has anyone had dealings with them?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    $800 !
    wow - it's $899 on their website.
    the last blog entry was last july. Always a bad sign.

Certainly sounds like you've been done.

Engineer-in-Training
    It was on sale. $795.00

Engineer-in-Training
    Called again yesterday. The old greeting was back. Left message. STILL no reply to ANY contact efforts.

Guess next step is disputing the charge via the CC company tomorrow. If EB doesn't want to discuss the issue, what else am I to do?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Called again yesterday. The old greeting was back. Left message. STILL no reply to ANY contact efforts.

Guess next step is disputing the charge via the CC company tomorrow. If EB doesn't want to discuss the issue, what else am I to do?
    I would go that route myself. If you have called, e-mailed and done everything you can just to get a little help with the machine you bought and they won't even acknowledge you, then why not?

Engineer-in-Training
    Because I try my damnedest to deal with it directly with the vendor/company. I am not one of those who sues at the drop of a hat. At first, I figured, ok, on vacation. Second week I figured, ok catching up from vacation. Its been 3+ weeks since I ordered it and I still have not received ANY communication from them. None. And I still don't have a working machine. I am done now. Heading to the bank tomorrow after work to fill out the paperwork. Have my phone records and my emails printed out.

I am in a corner here, don't have any other option as I see it. I have never had to dispute a charge for a product before and I really don't like having to do so for the first time. Invalid and false charges, yes, but never for a product that a vendor wouldn't at least try to make right. I mean, I have ordered stuff from china and been treated better than from this US company.

Extrusionbot scammers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Well, I decided to give the EB2 a go. I couldn't get their website to accept my card. That probably should have been a clue, but I apparently didn't pick up on it. I call them and placed a phone order. I was assured it would be shipped that week.

Next week, I hadn't heard from them and tried to call and get a tracking number. All I got was voice mail. Twice. Called the next week. Same voice mail. Nobody returned my calls.

I get home from work one day and its sitting on my step. I had specified my work address to ship to, not my CC billing address. I had off work the following day so I decided to try it.

When I unboxed it I had to dump what appear to be ABS pellets out of the inside. Not out of the hopper, INSIDE. Its not put together very well. I see black duct tape inside the vent on the front. I see crooked screws. And there is a clunking noise from inside the box. Then I spent almost an hour getting the 1.75 nozzle off. I ordered it in 3mm with an extra 1.75 nozzle so why the 1.75 was on it at all I don't know. It was badly cross threaded and I had a dickens of a time getting it out. Finally on with 3mm.

I dump in some ABS, heat it up to the recommended 185c and.....nothing. Extruder motor doesn't run. It just drbbles out from heat expansion. Freaking serious. So, I go to dump that out and what do I find? A bunch of it is now inside the box. I think I got most out. Now I try the bag of ABS pellets I ordered with the EB. And...185c....and...still nothing. Now the box is full of abs pellets. Again. What a piece of crap.

That was early last week. I called. I emailed. I emailed again this week. I called again today, and no longer get the voice mail but its a generic announcement instead of the extrusion bot "currently out of the office" announcement I got on prior calls. I sent in their contact form off their site. I emailed both service@ and support@ and no reply from either.

Its been more than 3 weeks since I had contact with them. I have called a total of 7 times leaving messages. I have emailed them 4 times. Used the contact form twice. Not once have I received a call, an email or anything. I even tried posting a message to them on their youtube account.

At this point I would stay away from them like they got the plague if this is how they intend to do business. I am going to give the a couple more days to respond to anything. If not, then I guess the next step is to dispute the charge on my CC. Hate to do that. Never had to take it to that level before but they really aren't leaving me much option.

Are the still in business or did they take my $800 and run? Has anyone had dealings with them?

Hi we had the same experience - the devices never worked including the spooler. We sent back for repairs. I think these are two high school hicks (going by the names of Jared and Clay) sending out garbage contraptions in order to get easy money. We want to thave them captured and brought to justice. Do you have their phone contact and location in the US? It may be possible to find a way to bring them in.

Hi Wolfie they are stil around and we are the latest victims... we want to track them down and haul them - is there a US federal agency to complain to?

Engineer-in-Training
    2775 N. Arizona Av, Suite 1
    Chandler AZ 85225

480-758-5796

I had forgotten I promised to take one of my granddaughters to her soccer team banquet tonight so I stopped by the bank on the way home last night. Filed a complaint and they will then take it to Visa. Best I can tell you is contact your CC issuer. File a dispute to get the charges reversed. Thats step 1.

Sorry JCan, I tried to get this out once it seemed to be a problem. I was willing to cut them some slack at first. But no more.

Engineer
    I hope thing's get resolved for you. If you ever feel like taking the leap again, I know of another filament extruder named the "Filabot" maybe you could take a look into that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast