Hey Guys,

So a few months ago i purchased and assembled a Prusa I3 and printed a few successful prints until my extruder motor started playing up. the motor doesn't turn and makes some very strange noises. (see video)

i began to diagnose the issue, i first tried a new stepper driver to no success, then tried the motor on a different axis and it worked fine, so can't be the motor or the driver, after working this out i re flashed the stock firmware with no luck. which led me to think it was an issue with the RAMPS (1.4) board, so i changed the firmware to use the second extruder channel and it still does the same thing. i then contacted the company i purchased the printer from and requested a replacement RAMPS board, after setting everything backup with the new board im still having the same issue! getting tired of this whole deal now, ive printed 6 times in months! the only thing that could possibly be an issue now is the arduino right? anyone had a similar issue or any ideas before i fork out for a quality mega 2560?

Thanks in advance!