Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I was going to say from the videos it looked like the laser was moving a bit too slow, as you've already determined.

If you want I can set mine up again and we can do a time comparison of "X" same object or objects to get the exposure time/galvo movement right.

Laser power we may be able to determine with some probing while it's running.

Great work, and keep on truckin!

Technologist
    Oops! I posted in the wrong post, meant to post that in my other post with my progress... but I'll have to see if I can find the STL file, I might also try to dry run it with the FSL3D board in there so I can get a better idea of what they are doing.

buy the pegasus touch, at your own risk!

Hello all that are even considering purchasing this machine, short of it DON'T!
    SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AGRAVATION!
    Short story:
    Purchased this unit for our company to get better faster prints than the 2 FDM printers were currently using. The good, there faster! Have better resolution! If they print without failing!!!!! Thats the key. Ive used 3.5 liters of resin constantly checked leveling of the build plate and homing ive gone so far, as to surpass there "instrutional video" on youtube where they say "put 4 blocks on the corners and adjust till they all hit the build plate. How archaic!
    Have thes people not heard of a dial gauge? A 0 z setting gauge? Anyway build plate leveled to within .01mm. check, homed to within .07mm of vat for proper adhesion but not to close to fail the print. Check
    Now, print, fail, print, fail, call, email, call "check your leveling" im told, Print, fail, print, fail, "check your homing" im told. Print fail "ok print this test rook its your file" download, print, fail Call, email, "check your leveling" "i did its good" "check your homing" "i did its good" print, fail, print, fail, email, "Hey theres really somthing wrong here i need to get this working have prototypes to print"! "HELP!" "check your leveling" "its not the leveling its within .01mm see the pics" print, fail, call, "hello ive used almost 3.5 liters of resin and yet to get a good print, im getting no help here no information, no adjustments, can you please replace the wasted resin?" "Ya sure we will send you half a liter send us $15 for shipping" "ok thats a little bit of bad customer service, do you have any suggestions to get this thing printing?" "Check the leveling and homing" checked, perfect, print, fail. Screw this im using a different cheaper resin at least until this starts printing. Online, "maker juice g+" $cheaper great!, screw it ill try it.
    Purchase, delivery, uv flashlight test" small drop" wow looks promising. Ok got the FSL resin still in the vat ill try the test rook one last time. Fail, anger, clean the vat and build plate.
    Pour in the maker juice print PERFECT PRINT! HOLY CRAP GOTTA TELL FSL THIS, THERE FOR SURE GOING TO SAY OK GREAT HERE IS SOME FREE RESIN TO REPLACE YOUR LOSSES. SORRY FOR THE BS CUSTOMER SERVICE SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOUR SANITY, SORRY THE RESIN WE SOLD YOU WAS SO BAD WE'LL FIX IT.

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
    "your not authorized to use any resin except ours, your warrentee is now void, other resins can ruin the motors and laser" "check your homing and leveling"
    "FSL WILL NOT BE REPLACING ANY OF YOUR RESIN"

SO THE SHORT OF IT IS YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY OTHER RESIN IN THE MACHINE YOU PAID OVER $4K FOR EVEN IF IT PRINTS AND THERES DOES NOT WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARENTEE ON PARTS THAT HAVE NO CONTACT, AND COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE RUINED BY A DIFFERENT RESIN, YOUR ONLY ALLOWD TO USE THE FSL RESIN AND GET POOR USELESS, FAILED, OR OTHERWISE BAD PRINTS FROM IT.
    SO YOU BASICALLY HAVE A PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT THAT COST $4K WILL NOT PRINT THE RESINS THEY FORMULATE FOR IT, AND YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE RESINS THAT DO OR YOUR WARENTEE IS VOID!
    PAPERWEIGHT ANYONE?

HOPE YOU FOUND THIS HELPFULL, ILL BE POSTING IT ALL OVER THE WEB!
    HOPFULLY THE GREED MONGERS OVER AT FSL GET THERE HEAD OUT OF THERE BUTTS!
    THANKS ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgug77 View Post
    Short story:
    Purchased this unit for our company to get better faster prints than the 2 FDM printers were currently using. The good, there faster! Have better resolution! If they print without failing!!!!! Thats the key. Ive used 3.5 liters of resin constantly checked leveling of the build plate and homing ive gone so far, as to surpass there "instrutional video" on youtube where they say "put 4 blocks on the corners and adjust till they all hit the build plate. How archaic!
    Have thes people not heard of a dial gauge? A 0 z setting gauge? Anyway build plate leveled to within .01mm. check, homed to within .07mm of vat for proper adhesion but not to close to fail the print. Check
    Now, print, fail, print, fail, call, email, call "check your leveling" im told, Print, fail, print, fail, "check your homing" im told. Print fail "ok print this test rook its your file" download, print, fail Call, email, "check your leveling" "i did its good" "check your homing" "i did its good" print, fail, print, fail, email, "Hey theres really somthing wrong here i need to get this working have prototypes to print"! "HELP!" "check your leveling" "its not the leveling its within .01mm see the pics" print, fail, call, "hello ive used almost 3.5 liters of resin and yet to get a good print, im getting no help here no information, no adjustments, can you please replace the wasted resin?" "Ya sure we will send you half a liter send us $15 for shipping" "ok thats a little bit of bad customer service, do you have any suggestions to get this thing printing?" "Check the leveling and homing" checked, perfect, print, fail. Screw this im using a different cheaper resin at least until this starts printing. Online, "maker juice g+" $cheaper great!, screw it ill try it.
    Purchase, delivery, uv flashlight test" small drop" wow looks promising. Ok got the FSL resin still in the vat ill try the test rook one last time. Fail, anger, clean the vat and build plate.
    Pour in the maker juice print PERFECT PRINT! HOLY CRAP GOTTA TELL FSL THIS, THERE FOR SURE GOING TO SAY OK GREAT HERE IS SOME FREE RESIN TO REPLACE YOUR LOSSES. SORRY FOR THE BS CUSTOMER SERVICE SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOUR SANITY, SORRY THE RESIN WE SOLD YOU WAS SO BAD WE'LL FIX IT.

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
    "your not authorized to use any resin except ours, your warrentee is now void, other resins can ruin the motors and laser" "check your homing and leveling"

SO THE SHORT OF IT IS YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY OTHER RESIN IN THE MACHINE YOU PAID OVER $4K FOR EVEN IF IT PRINTS AND THERES DOES NOT WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARENTEE ON PARTS THAT HAVE NO CONTACT, AND COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE RUINED BY A DIFFERENT RESIN, YOUR ONLY ALLOWD TO USE THE FSL RESIN AND GET POOR USELESS, FAILED, OR OTHERWISE BAD PRINTS FROM IT.
    SO YOU BASICALLY HAVE A PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT THAT COST $4K WILL NOT PRINT THE RESINS THEY FORMULATE FOR IT, AND YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE RESINS THAT DO OR YOUR WARENTEE IS VOID!
    PAPERWEIGHT ANYONE?

Thanks for that, I did find it helpful.

This is shameful. To void the warranty because you used a superior resin screams amateur hour. If what you say is true, this company won't last long that's for sure.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technologist
    This is why I'm working on open sourcing the software, busy month or two for me so it's on hold a bit, would love some help. Hoping to re do my VAT and start another print in the next 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Dgug77 View Post
    Short story:

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

PAPERWEIGHT ANYONE?

WTF! "other resins can ruin the motors and laser"... pfft! How!?!?!? what a load of BS! doesnt even touch the laser and doesnt even touch the motor. The only thing I could see it possibly ruining is the vat. The dang head is steal!

Student

Pegasus status

Hi all,
    1st post here- I moved over from the FSL3d google groups because I'm just tired of the heavy handed moderation there, and was looking for a forum that we can speak more freely of the pros & cons of this particular printer. I have this now, and I've sent it back, lived through the PDMS vat days, constructed my own custom PDMS vat, and a custom "supervat" (which wasn't all that super for me). That said, at this point with the new diode, their most recent super vat, and minor mods, my machine is cranking out pretty reliable, high res parts. It still has shortcoming with filling in some holes and making vertical cylinders into an elliptical (rather than round) profile, and I share the opinion of some other users here that it ended up being a beta for their other smaller-envelope machines, which I expect are improved. I bought this partly due to the large build platform, but find that it still struggles a bit with accuracy at that scale. I also think that FSL has essentially given up development or support at this point, so I'm happy to see some others picking up the ball. Hopefully it will turn into something.
    In fairness to FSL, the improvements since I bought it (and invested in upgrades that arguably could have been "recalls" from FSL instead of "upgrades" to bring it to acceptable performance). have been significant- at this point I've gotten my money's worth, but because of the censorship and bias (and lack of activity for that matter) at the company group, I find myself over here relieved to be speaking much more freely. Some good news: The tree supports work well and though you regularly have to customize the system and know what you're doing- they are pretty advanced form a software standpoint. I only wish they would adapt to the scale & details of the geometry a bit better. The supervat has been working great for me. If I could adjust my Z I could make it print even faster- and it's pretty fast.
    I haven't tried to print anything particularly huge lately, but it does a pretty good job on the small stuff- except that it fills in holes. If you're printing round things, arrange them so their axis is perpendicular to the build plate if you want to keep them round.
    Finally, I'm actually pretty happy that I can reliably print wall thicknesses of .02" and have them come out looking pretty good! I'm using their low-shrink red resin now, but eager to try out some water soluable. Anyway, Looks like this is where I'll be getting my support moving forward, so hope to see more of everyone around here.
    Thanks!
    -k

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

In general, I am satisfied with the Pegasus so far, but there are moments that need to be corrected, first of all it is a printing platform and giving monolithic body. Printing with polymer requires greater accuracy, minimizing dust, caution in handling the polymer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234