Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Engineer
    54 hours for 1 complete set of plastics for a Kossel in solid ABS. Wife was whinging a bit by the end of the print.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    54 hours for 1 complete set of plastics for a Kossel in solid ABS. Wife was whinging a bit by the end of the print.
    Holy cow. What this all on one build? What printer were you using? I didn't even know any build platforms were large enough to be printing for 54 straight hours.

Student
    I think the longest for me so far was about 10 hours for a final print. I usually do a quickie (low infill etc) that is around 33% of the final build time. I use a MakerBot Rep 2 and the software is pretty accurate at giving a guesstimate of the total printing time as a function of the preview. So you can play with settings to see how long something is going to take before committing the time or materials to doing a print. The vast majority of my prints are less than 2 hours. Russ

I am pleased to announce that I just finished a build plate of 5 different pretty solid items that took me 22 hours total. I feel very accomplished

about 8 hours, use 1.75mm abs to print a small doll

27 hours ....

I was doing a Google search asking the same question as this thread title and I was directed here and ended up joining the forum.
    Now I'm bumping the thread to breathe some life into it...it's an interesting question....so what's your longest print?
    My longest so far is a 50% scaled jet boat impeller that took 26 hrs.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    18.5 hours.
    Practically full size stanford bunny - ie: the size of a real (smallish) bunny.
    At the time I did nor realise that if you went to a custom profile in makerware it reset all existing settings.
    So instead of a hollow bunny at 0.4 mm layer height (wanted to see how quick I could print one), it printed 20% infill at 0.1mm layer height.
    So I just let it lol

36 hours for a V-6 Ford block on our Replicator 2. My son has done some really long prints on his Ultimaker 2 as well.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I have one customer who does 52-hour ABS prints regularly. I don't know what the model is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast