Close

Help with a pseudo-Form1

Hi guys,
    I recently purchased a pseudo-Form1 (Chinese). I replaced the building platform, tank and resin materials with Formlabs original, but I cannot print anything.
    As a test file I used this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffhhv3tshl...jango.stl?dl=0
    What happens is that the work does not adhere to the platform and it remains a "blob" cured on the bottom of the tank.
    The laser seems to work properly. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version without any problems.
    Any suggestions on what might have gone wrong?
    Many thanks!

Staff Engineer

I've had this problem

with the real Form1+. Try removing the build platform, cleaning it with isopropynol, and lightly sanding the aluminum with a sanding block, being careful to remove the resulting grit and oxides with more isopropyl. The other thing to try is increasing the preload against the tank; that's in Help/fine tuning. You can get it to press a little harder by lowering the platform, which seems to do a good thing. Also, positioning the prints so they're closer to the hinge side can help.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Quote Originally Posted by Syldor View Post
    Hi guys,
    I recently purchased a pseudo-Form1 (Chinese). I replaced the building platform, tank and resin materials with Formlabs original, but I cannot print anything.
    As a test file I used this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffhhv3tshl...jango.stl?dl=0
    What happens is that the work does not adhere to the platform and it remains a "blob" cured on the bottom of the tank.
    The laser seems to work properly. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version without any problems.
    Any suggestions on what might have gone wrong?
    Many thanks!