Close

My printer just wont print no matter what i do...

Hi guys.

For about 4 months now im the not so proud owner of a winbo 3d printer (sort of a copy of the makerbot duo).

In the first few days, everything worked fine but than everything went sideways and no matter what i do non of my prints come out right.

When i print, it seems like the filaments just builds up around the nozzle and wont stick to the platform. sometime it does stick, but then the other extruder will just pill it off and make a mess.

Now, i level the print board more than 100 times, i watched every video on youtube about leveling - twice. i tried cheap masking tape on the platform and buildtech, i even tried some stick glue.

Every once in a while it will start a print just fine but than start to make a mess after a few layers.

i have been using only PLA. i tried to use 200c, 210. i tried to heat the platform to 50, 60 ,70 c.

one thing though - when i use a raft thing are much better.

I know its not much to go by, but ill add some photos later today.

Thank you

Tank out.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Sounds like your just having sticking problems.

I don't do PLA (yet), but others here can direct you to better temps, if that's an issue. But I'd go the nuclear route, and get kapton, hairspray, different glue sticks, etc. Try them all. Try Abs too.

Do whatever you have to to get it to stick. Personally, I use a very heavy layer of glue stick, to the point the glass bed is actually lumpy and rough. That gives the material a nice surface to bond to, and the part still comes out amazingly flat.

Engineer
    One good way to never ever have sticking problem is printing directly on the acrylic plate/polycarbonate. Trust me, it'll stick so well that you need to do a special calibration so you wont have permanent stucked object on it.

Everytime I print in PLA, I set the temperature of platform to 80 degrees. You can buy special glue for ABS, it works! Sometimes when I am out of ABS glue, I use common glue temporarily, and it works too, but it's very hard to get the printed model from platform after printing.