Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question ZCorp310 Printhead Error:1003(0)

Hi, we were doing a test print with the Zcorp310 printer, and encountered a print head error: Error1003(0). The printer was left offline for about six months. When we first ran it early this month, the printer ran for about an hour, but there was no binder coming out. Then we tried replacing the print head with a brand new one, since then we got the 1003(0) error/ (it is a print head error as said in the troubleshoot guide) and the printer never run. The error pops up when we do “purge print head” and also when we “print".

Any suggestion on how to work around this?

Thank you!
    Last edited by tinnnnn; 05-14-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    After leaving a Z-CORP machine for a while, the first thing to do is to clean everything:

Take all the tubes off and blow/rinse them out (or swap them out.)
    Clean the Z axis screw with a wire brush.
    Clean the x and y axis rails rigorously with paper towels.
    There's often build up for dirt in the bearings on the rails (you can take them a part and clean properly.) or pick out with dentist tools.

The Error 1003 (it may be the first of many that you will experience before getting it to run,) is to do with the electrical connection between the cartridge and the machine. Clean the pogo pins with isopropanol or similar and hope that it sorts the problem. If it doesn't then your machine may have a hardware problem...

Before deciding that the machines broke I'd also try a few new print-heads... They are all out of date now and probably only 2/3 new one's still work (though I actually found the older the better.)

They can be quite frustrating to get working, but once you've sorted all the problems, as long as use it semi-regularly and keep it clean they work a treat.

Unhappy [re] zcorp310 printhead error:1003(0)

Hi JSenior, thank you so much for the reply! It's been two weeks already, hope you still see this.

We ordered a brand new Hp11 printhead, inserted and tried to purge it. The error 1003(0) still pops up.
    We also did a complete clearing for the fluid system. (bleach solution>distill water>fresh binder) Unfortunately the same error is still there. The problem has got us stuck for a while. Just hope that it is not an issue with the pogo pins.

Before you said the machine may have a hardware problem. Is there any good way to inspect the hardware or a way to check the pogo pins?

Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    The Error 1003 (it may be the first of many that you will experience before getting it to run,) is to do with the electrical connection between the cartridge and the machine. Clean the pogo pins with isopropanol or similar and hope that it sorts the problem. If it doesn't then your machine may have a hardware problem...

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnnn View Post
    Hi JSenior, thank you so much for the reply! It's been two weeks already, hope you still see this.

We ordered a brand new Hp11 printhead, inserted and tried to purge it. The error 1003(0) still pops up.
    We also did a complete clearing for the fluid system. (bleach solution>distill water>fresh binder) Unfortunately the same error is still there. The problem has got us stuck for a while. Just hope that it is not an issue with the pogo pins.

Before you said the machine may have a hardware problem. Is there any good way to inspect the hardware or a way to check the pogo pins?
    Hi Tinnnn,

You're using the wrong cartridge for a 310

It should be an HP 10 - C4800a

The HP 11 is for the 510 and the newer x50 series

Hopefully that will make it an easy fix

(Also when you order a hp10, I've found the older the cartridge the better - but still only 2/3 work.)

Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    Hi Tinnnn,

You're using the wrong cartridge for a 310

It should be an HP 10 - C4800a

The HP 11 is for the 510 and the newer x50 series

Hopefully that will make it an easy fix

(Also when you order a hp10, I've found the older the cartridge the better - but still only 2/3 work.)
    So glad you still see this!

I made a terrible mistake, yes we are indeed using HP10 for 310! We have 2 earlier version and 1 brand new HP10.

Totally frustrated with the error. I inserted all 3 printheads (many times), still cannot get rid of the error. And I am not confident in breaking the hardwares apart.

Staff Engineer
    I've been going through the same thing with my Z510 printer. Cleaning and then swapping out the pogo card and innumerable print heads has had no effect on this error. I recently got a new head card (which wasn't fast, easy or cheap), so I'll see if that helps and report back.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I've been going through the same thing with my Z510 printer. Cleaning and then swapping out the pogo card and innumerable print heads has had no effect on this error. I recently got a new head card (which wasn't fast, easy or cheap), so I'll see if that helps and report back.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com
    Thank you SO MUCH for helping!!

One weird thing is that our 310 printer works the first time we ran it even there is no binder coming out of the printhead. But after I change the printhead, the printer does not even try to print at all, just keep giving me that 1003(0) error.

Also, even with a brand new head, the filmware still says: "Your print head might be too old to print this build. Continue?".

Does these happen to you too?

Tin

Staff Engineer
    What happens when you hit "continue"? On my machine, it doesn't give that option; it just keeps showing the error. Have you tried scrubbing the pogo pins with denatured alcohol and Q-tips?

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    What happens when you hit "continue"? On my machine, it doesn't give that option; it just keeps showing the error. Have you tried scrubbing the pogo pins with denatured alcohol and Q-tips?

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com
    After I hit "continue", the printer is trying to raise the temperature and once temperature hit the target, then the error shows up. Yes, I have tried scrubbing the pogo pins with lint-free swabs and alcohol. But it has no effect. I also tried opening the pogo card box to clean the whole pogo card, but not sure how to safely get the pogo card out.

Did you connect your printer to a screen? What I have is "12C read failed for head 0".

Tin
    Last edited by tinnnn; 06-05-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Staff Engineer
    If it's an over-temperature error, it could be caused by an insufficient flow of binder. When you extract it with a syringe, does the barrel fill easily, or is it difficult to pull the liquid into it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast