Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
Now you sound like my doctors..... Me: "My knee hurts right here when I jog...." Dr: "Well, you should stop jogging....."
And your doctor would be right - jogging is one of the worst things you can do to your knees and ankles.

But it still remains - abs is problematical, dimensionally irrational, smells bad and - hypothetically - might put out the merest fraction of hazardous substances as even the smallest petrochemical based engine.
So why use it when there are so many infinitely better alternatives ?

Remember some years ago when mobile phones were going to cause brain cancer ?
And in 2000 when the world was going to be plunged into zombie infested armageddon because computers only had a 2 digit date code ?
Or when the ozone layer was going to vanish and we were all going to die from skin cancer ?
Or last week when someone said we'd all die if we ate or drank from a 3d printed object ?

Worrying about particles given off by very small amounts of melted plastic is on a level with those scares :-)
ie: there are a thousand things you should be worried about that will kill you long long before anything from your 3d printer will even cause you to have a sniffle.

Actually abs is bloody dangerous - but only because you end up using a lot of acetone and exposure to acetone vapour is extremely bad for your health ! Not to mention highly flammable.