Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    The Engels also plan to offer an optional CNC router to their Kickstarter backers, which will allow the 3D printer to become a CNC machine. They are also considering making a laser cutter/engraver attachment available as well. 9AppsVidMateVLC
    Last edited by smithclarkson01; 02-19-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Technologist
    Sadly the Kickstarter wasn't successful. But I guess it was inevitable, Dollo isn't the best option commercially... rather a

So the Dollo rebuild: I took a 360W 12V PSU from my Tronxy X5S (going to convert that to 24V with DuetWifi at later time) and things are moving. I wired most things and running some movement gcode the wear the X and Y parts in a bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r8aazwvh8...54.31.mp4?dl=0. Some 50000 movement lines, seems to work fine, no skipped steps and moving quite smoothly after few hours.
    Wiring is a mess, but I'll clean it up once I figure how...

Got the hotend wiring PCB printed and mounted. It has connectors for the wiring so swapping hotends is easier, no need to rewire whole thing. I have similar connector on my Tronxy, been working fine for a while:
    2019-03-29 19.54.41.jpg

Going with the old 21cm bed for now. Printed some adapters for the bed carriage to allow mounting the smaller bed on it. Need longer bolts to get the bed mounted on it:
    2019-03-29 19.55.04-1.jpg

Tomorrow maybe try some printing...

Technologist
    Mounted the bed properly, added part cooling fan and wired them properly. After leveling the bed and a couple of test prints I got this benchy printed:

2019-03-31 16.58.55.jpg2019-03-31 16.59.00.jpg2019-03-31 16.59.18-1.jpg

Looking quite good.

Had some jamming problems on the first try, reduced retraction a bit and added filament oiler, no more jams. Also other Z-motor was binding occasionally due to the coupler being just a bit too tight fit, fixed that by wrinting some g-code to move the bed up and down and using a file to smooth out the coupler while moving.

Need todo something about the wiring next and also mount the PSU to the frame.

Technologist
    MKS Sbase is a nice board and Smoothieware seems to work fine. However, Smoothie lacks one feature that I consider a must with Dollo: mesh bed leveling i.e. the manual leveling. Smoothie only supports leveling with a sensor, but Marlin has that so I compiled Marlin 2 bugfix for MKS Sbase. Everything went better than expected and after leveling the bed, I tried to print some easter eggs. Suprisingly the result was quite bad, seemed like layer shifting.
    2019-04-15 22.12.32.jpg

After tuning the accelerations, jerk/junction deviation etc. for few nights I started fiddling with the stepper parameters, like minimum pulse width etc. Finally changing minimum pulse width from 2ns to 3ns fixed the problems and the result are as good as they should be.
    2019-04-15 22.13.05.jpg2019-04-15 22.12.38.jpg

Mesh bed leveling is a nice feature, but it's bit tedious if you need to do it often as you have to manually jog the z-axis. So I started thinking about a removable sensor that's basically a limit switch that you can attach to the X-carriage for the duration of the leveling sequence. Bltouch would be even easier, but it takes some space around the hotend permanently so removable sensor is a good compromise.

Goood One Thanks

very interesting.

Dollo 3d printable 3d printer

If you are new to 3D printing this is not yet a good place to start. I am still working on the documentation and will be making assumably videos in the future. If you already have an idea of how 3D printing works then just know to use the most up to date files on the github repo and do you best. Use the pictures to guide you! yes it is a cube shape.

Technologist
    Been a while since last update on Dollo builds. Progress has been slow, but there's progress.
    For the Dollo rebuild and Dollo.2 I did some cable management, actually had a failed print due to loose cable yanking X-endstop free during print and causing X-axis to stop moving (a safety feature I guess?).
    Also for Dollo rebuild I got the frame stabilized; I used parts from the old build as much as possible, creating adapter parts as needed.
    2019-08-12 18.19.09.jpg 2019-08-12 18.19.13.jpg

For Dollo rebuild, I went bit off the original plan because I was redesigning the extruder I use with Dollo for use with Bondtech gears and the Dollo build was the easiest to test the extruders with. So now the Dollo rebuild has two of these extruders: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3813628, with these to add more torque: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3091980.
    Since I'm using only one hotend, I use this 4x-feeder part: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807101. As the Sbase-board only supports 2 extruders, I can only print with two colors. Filament changes are handled with this post-processing tool: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch
    The setup seems to work reliably. I'll eventually move the extruders (4 in total) to my Tronxy X5S once I get it updated to 24V.

2019-08-12 18.19.24.jpg2019-08-12 18.20.21.jpg 2019-09-01 15.07.10.jpg

If you are new to 3D printing this is not yet a good place to start. I am still working on the documentation and will be making assumably videos in the future. If you already have an idea of how 3D printing works then just know to use the most up to date files on the github repo and do you best. Use the pictures to guide you! yes it is a cube shape. shareit apk
    Last edited by scottsen11; 10-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Technologist
    Been a while since last time I updated this thread so here goes. I haven't abandoned my Dollo journey, both of the machines are alive and kicking. Been doing some printing on both of them and also some upgrades along the way now and then, tweaking them is just do interesting.

Dollo rebuild in it's current state:
    IMG_20200704_110203.jpg

Cable management has been on my todo list for a long time and I finally got around to doing something to it. It's not the prettiest by any means but a big improvement to the wires hanging freely. I printed some cable chains and designed some parts to mount them onto. I use a mount that goes onto the stepper motors on X and Y where the cable chains mount to. This seems to wek very well. I took the chain design from Snappy reprap files with some modifications for extra rigidity. Seem to work reasonably well even though the long X-axis chain droops quite a lot. Probably need to tweak the chain design more.
    Also got the mainboard cover on. There's still room for improvement in wire cleanup, but so far much better.
    IMG_20200704_110911.jpgIMG_20200704_110237.jpgIMG_20200704_111552.jpg

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast