Close

Student

Guru to Help with a "POSSIBLY" defective Duplicator 4

Anyone around Pakenham, Victoria, Australia by any chance that really knows their stuff? I've got a weird issue where the Z axis will not rise from the fully down position on occasion.
    Once its started moving its fine but just starting sometimes it dosnt start (however makes noise like its trying to). You give it a touch and up it goes but if not immediatly then the code is out as it thinks the bed is closer to the extruder than it actually is.

Hope this makes sense - Had someone mention it may be the z axis leadscrew nut but ive got no idea.

Thanks

Senior Engineer
    The best solution is to not allow the bed to go all the way down I would think.

The limit switch is at the top I believe so in your slicer settings set your Z maximum height a couple of mm less, that should stop it going to the bottom ever.

Student
    Thanks - I'm using replicatorG - do you know where to set this ? (Still a noobie, day 2 of owning a 3d printer)

Senior Engineer
    ReplicatorG isn't a slicer. It either uses Slic3r or Skeinforge unless you have chosen to use something else. I had a lot of problems with both those slicers and I only use ReplicatorG to make the X3G file before copying the file to an SD card. For slicing I use Cura.

I cannot help you with either Slic3r or Skeinforge.

Student
    Wanhao replied:
    1. If the Z axis can not move up. The Z axis and plateform is not in line. Loose the 4 locking bolt on the Z axis motor. And move the platform up and down 10 times, so they should in line. Then relocking the 4 bolts.

----

Should I just try this ?